Westin Grand Cayman - ocean-front suites

Feb 11th, 2002, 06:17 AM
t

Westin Grand Cayman - ocean-front suites

Are there ocean-front suites at the Westin or are the rooms that are right on the beach rooms rather than suites or do they have both?

Feb 11th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Ed

t,

I posted this same answer on another thread. Just a suggestion:

For probably a LOT less then the cost of an oceanfront Westin room, you could find a (true) oceanfront condo that would be twice the size, and just as nice. If you are traveling with family, a condo is the way to go in GC. The westin is without a doubt one of the nicer hotels, but way overpriced compared to the 100's of beautiful condo choices. A mistake we will never make again!!

Feb 13th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Danny

There are suites at the Westin but I've never seen them. We stayed in a regular room. Very,Very, Very nice hotel. It has the best beach on 7 Mile Beach (no doubt about it!). The problem we saw with some of the condos was alot of them are old and don't look very nice or have a beach that is just so-so even though it is on 7 Mile Beach. Condos right next to the Westin on both sides of Westin are nice but probably not inexpensive. If you need the names of a couple that we saw that we liked and inquired about please e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back. We were there last July for 2 weeks. It's very nice but very expensive!!! Have fun!

Feb 13th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Jody

Some of the condos on 7Mile are older but there are many new ones that are nice. And older doesn't necessarily mean bad. Sometimes it means cheaper and on Cayman, that's always a good thing. I've stayed from the most luxurious to some that were very ordinary. My time in both was minimal. My idea is why pay more for a room when I'm in it to change clothes and sleep. Just my opinion.

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Jim

The Westin is a beautiful hotel. We stayed last July at the Villas of the Galleon, right next to the Westin. Perfect beach and wonderful accomodations (each condo has a great ocean view). The Westin is on the BEST part of 7 MB- if you don't want a condo stay there!

Feb 14th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Judy Schuh

My husband and I have stayed at George Town Villas in Grand Cayment ten times. Its a wonderful property - the beach is a bit rocky but you are only a stones throw away from the pure white sand. They offer a repeat discount of 10%..something to consider if you decide to return & you will!

Feb 14th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Missy

I am 99% sure there are only 2(or 4) suites at the Westin. From what I've been able to find out, they are not much larger than their standard room however price is double(no exaggeration). In addition, they are hard to come by at certain times of the year. I agree with postings that most condos are truely beachfront and more dollar value(also range from satisfactory to great). However our family has stayed at Westin 4x and going back for 5th. All depends on your preferences-pool,spa,gym,watersports, restaurants, distance to things, etc.. You'll be happy wherever you decide. I would suggest contacting Westin directly to be sure info is accurate before booking. Might want to get info from the Cayman Tourism Dept that will list all condos and hotels rates and accomodations. Good luck!