Westin & Marriott in Grand Cayman

Mar 13th, 2000, 02:11 PM
Anne

Westin & Marriott in Grand Cayman

I am considering these 2 properties for a may trip to the Caymans and would love any input on which resort to pick.

Mar 14th, 2000, 02:35 PM
Dee

Westin is more expensive but it has the superior beach. Newer property. Across the street from Eats which is a nice American style restaurant. Close to the grocery and other restaurants. Mariott has been having problems with their beach due to storms this fall and winter. If cost is close, I'd pick the Westin.

Mar 18th, 2000, 08:38 AM
caroline

Definitely WESTIN - beach front is totally superior to Marriott. Not even close. Staff at Westin was outstanding and rooms, etc. are excellent. Much better value.

Mar 18th, 2000, 11:21 PM
clemens

What about the Turtle Nest Inn? Any feedback on this property?

Mar 19th, 2000, 05:12 AM
jackie

Turtle Nest Inn is not like the Westin or the Marriot. On the plus side, it is much quieter, the beach is empty, the service is excellent and you never get that sewage smell that seems to hit West Bay road (along 7 mile beach) when the wind blows in a certain direction. But the Inn is not a full service hotel. You will not get room service, there is no full restaurant, no gift shops and you will need to rent a car. It all depends on what you want from your holiday. Just from driving by the Westin looks much nicer than the Marriot and in a better location. Good Luck!

Mar 20th, 2000, 10:55 AM
David

I know I'm repeating myself on this forum but...the Westin is the better choice. We stayed there and were very impressed. I try to emphasize the Westin on this forum when people ask only because of how impressed we were and what a great property it is. Its not a huge property like the fantasic hotels in Hawaii, but it is just well kept, with excellent service, great food, and the best beach. I may start charging Westin for my services on here...just kidding .