Welcome Inn Beach Resort - Barbados?

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 10:11 AM
mary

Welcome Inn Beach Resort - Barbados?

Looking for info., opinions on this place. Couldn't find anything under wheretostay.com. Also, what about Mango Bay? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking to go in October, perhaps November, of next year. Thank you.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:56 PM
Linda

Hi Mary,

Try wheretostay.com again. The Welcome Inn hotel is now operating under the name 'Barbados Beach Club'. I understand that it has been refurbished in the last year. The location is good for bussing into St. Lawrence Gap for dining and night clubs. It is on the end of a very nice stretch of beach (you may want to stroll up the beach further to get a better beach location). I also understand that it is now all-inclusive and have read a few disappointing reviews on the food, which is too bad as there is wonderful dining in Barbados. (The Water's Edge nearby is good).

My personal preference would be to go to the Bougainvillea a couple of hotels down the same beach where the location and units are much nicer (full kitchens in the units).

Hope this helps a bit.

PS - Unlike the pictures on the web, the hotel exterior is VERY pink (unless the spruce-up included repainting the exterior)

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 07:15 AM
M

Do a search on this site for Barbados Beach Club. They had to close down this spring for a salmonella outbreak. Many guests fell ill. Don't know about Mango Bay.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 08:24 AM
mary

Thanks to you both for responding. With that, I think I'll eliminate Barbados Beach Club as an option, especially since there are so many other places to pick from. Why chance it.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 03:27 PM
Debbie

Mary - Another vote for Bougainvillea-just a couple doors down from BBC. It's within walking distance to St Lawrence Gap and its wonderful shopping and dining, and close to Oistins, where you can enjoy a wonderful fish fry-they even offer shuttle service to Oistins on Friday nights. Bougainvillea and Sand Acres are sister properties (Bougainvillea is newer and larger)-the Waters Edge restaurant is actually part of the Sand Acres property-would highly recommend it-we enjoyed some of our most delicious meals there-with a beautiful setting on the beach.

The wonderful thing about Barbados is the many accommodations offered, especially on the South and West Coasts. The East Coast, although ruggedly beautiful, is too remote for my liking.

Our suite at Bougainvillea was very spacious, and the staff was always helpful. Would give it a definite thumbs up recommendation, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again on a return trip to the island. ENJOY !!