Reload this Page >

Weddings in the Caribbean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 05:07 AM
paula

<BR>Which island and resort would be the most beautiful for a wedding?

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 04:01 AM
BobM

A lot of people get married here on Bequia. There is someone here who specializes in them. Let me know what you are looking for and I can help, <BR> <BR>Bob

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 02:41 AM
Joel

Paula, although you posted almost 2 months ago, maybe you'll see this. My wife and I were married some years ago on St. Thomas at the Point Pleasant Resort. PPR has a gazebo on a cliff with a view of the Caribbean that is outstanding. I'd give the site a 10 for romance. St. Thomas is not my favorite island, but that particular spot for a ceremony is very likely the best you are apt to find. I can't imagine a better site. Additionally, since USVI is American, there are no concerns about getting a license, etc. A number of "mom & pop" enterprises exist that take care of everything for you. A call to the local marriage bureau in Charlotte Amalia will net you the names of a few and their phone #s. It cost us $300 for a minister, a photographer to arrive at the site of our choice at a time of our choosing. It was totally simple and trouble-free. Write me if you have questions, but I cannot remember the name of the lady we used to make arrangements.

Old Sep 4th, 1999, 05:43 AM
Bob

<BR>Check out the grounds of the Ocean Club on Paradise Island, Bahamas. Beautiful grounds.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 03:38 AM
LauraS

We were married at Ottley's Plantation Inn on St. Kitts and loved it! You can see lots of different wedding photos on their web page, and they take care of everything. The flowers in my bouquet were gorgeous and they do a wonderful job. All you need to do is show up and make a few decisions and they take care of the rest. Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 09:25 PM
Wendy Gaskill

My husband and I went to Cuba last year, intending on marrying while down there. Our hotel did not offer weddings, but we naively thought that we could arrange it while down there, since our travel agent wasn't able to get any info. When we inquired about it, we found that we needed to pay $1200 american for various fees and licences. Not only that, but I would have to provide a copy of my divorce decree, and hubby had to have "a certificate if bachelorhood". Although I can't praise the island and the people enough, you probably don't want to go that route!!