Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Weather in Aruba and Bahamas late September until mid November?

Jun 7th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Vicki

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for sometime between late September and mid November 2002, to both the Bahamas and Aruba.

We are planning on staying at the Ocean Club for 6 nts. on Paradise Island, and then the Bucuti Resort in Aruba for 7 nts.

I am, however, becoming concerned over the weather situation - I realize this time period is the hurricane season in the Bahamas, but when do you think we would be least likely to encounter a great deal of rain in the Bahamas? Should we try to push our honeymoon more toward early November, or does it not even make a big difference?

Also, I read on this forum that Aruba can get a good deal of rain starting in November - is it enough that it will ruin the day, or are there just passing showers?

I know this may be a repetitive type of question, but I cannot get exact info for my specific situation. Since this is our honeymoon, I just want to try and make sure that we have the best weather possible, as this is a huge splurge for us as well!!

Thank you so much in advance for all of your help and advice!!

Jun 14th, 2001, 08:25 PM
ArubaLisa

What a fantastic honeymoon! My husband and I were married 4 years ago this month on Paradise Island. We stayed at the Ocean Club for 4 nights and then onto Aruba for 2 weeks!

You really do not have to worry about the weather in Aruba. November and December are their rainiest months and the rain is in the form of showers,especially at night. Most people will tell you that the rain factor should not be any problem.

We were in Aruba last September and it was absolutely perfect, much quieter than many other times of the year. Try to book the bungalow room that faces the southwest at the Bucuti! You will love it!

Jun 15th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Lois

My husband and I have stayed at Ocean Club and it's a gorgeous, intimate resort. However, early November does get affected at times by hurricanes or their effects. One November we were there (early) we had to extend our stay by a day in order to safely fly off the island to return to Florida. Also, at that time of the year the water is very rough in the Bahamas. I've never been to Aruba, but I do know it's safely out of the hurricane belt, so you should be okay there. Good luck.

Jun 16th, 2001, 01:59 AM
Aruba Ariba

The beach at Bucuti beach resort is the best of the Caribbean, it is quiet and 1.5 miles wide white sand. The Bucuti resort is a small resort and that staff really know how to pamper you. I would recommend the bucuti to everyone having plans to honeymoon in Aruba!

Jun 20th, 2001, 02:10 AM
jen ratta

My husband and I were in the Bahamas (Paradise Island) November 11-18 2000. The weather was perfect except for 1 day of rain mid-week. The rest of the week was sunny and cloudless.

Jun 27th, 2001, 07:24 PM
EJ

What a difference a week can make! My husband and I stayed in Nassau a week after the previous responder (Thanksgiving week 2000) and the weather was pretty bad. We had heavy cloud cover for about 5 of 7 days, and it was very windy and we had some rain. It wasn't cold but was not warm enough (and was way too windy) to go to the beach or even lie by the pool. We were very disappointed. This November we are going to Aruba, and have heard that the weather is much more consistent (as in sunny) there. Have a great honeymoon!