Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Weather and Resort in Turks and Caicos (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/weather-and-resort-in-turks-and-caicos-871478/)

Cherber Jan 1st, 2011 07:00 AM

Weather and Resort in Turks and Caicos

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Turks and Caicos in February? This is our first visit here. Also we are staying at Beaches....was that a good choice? Thanks for any help.

RoamsAround Jan 1st, 2011 08:16 AM

In February -
Average Temperature - 77 F.
Average Daily High - 81 F.
Average Daily Low - 73 F.
Highest Ever recorded - 85 F.
Lowest Ever recorded - 62 F.
Average Monthly Rainfall - 1.3"
Average Number of Rain Days - 2.9

You can, if you wish, look up historical data and find out what actual daily weather conditions were on Providenciales (where Beaches Resort is located) for any given period over the last 10 years at: www.wunderground.com Use the "Travel & Activities" dropdown menu and select "Trip Planner", enter the Airport Code for Provo (PLS) and your planned dates of travel. You'll be directed all sorts of weather data for that period. read through the material and you'll know more about the weather on Provo than most locals.

Beaches is a very popular resort - whether or not it's a good choice for YOU depends on what YOU want in a resort. Since you didn't give us any information about your likes, dislikes and what you are seeking in a resort no one can answer your question.

Cherber Jan 1st, 2011 10:19 AM

We are a couple in our 50's. I know this is more of a family resort but friends of ours were there a few years back and had a good time. My husband and I work and after the hustle and bustle of the holidays we just want to get away for a little R & R. We have been to other islands and on many cruises. We are beach people and when I say beach people I mean from early morning till night. Plus we wanted an all inclusive.

RoamsAround Jan 1st, 2011 12:20 PM

Beaches will fit your need.

BellaClaire Jan 1st, 2011 05:36 PM

I went to Beaches this past April - with 8 other couples - NO KIDS....we loved it....there are adult only restaurants - which were quite good! The beach is like flour...the water aqua - you can walk down the beach about 10 minutes and snorkel - and great snorkeling too.....there is the caribbean village - which is the oldest - but where we stayed - our room was very nice....overlooked a pool - and could see the ocean.....the italian village is newer and is quite nice - hung out at the pool here daily...the french village is really pretty - yet set back - i.e. not on beach.....I think you'll have a great time.

I will go back to Turks again...and stay at Beaches (when we go with friends again - probably 2012) and then one day go back and stay somewhere else...not because I have anything negative to say about Beaches....I just think there are too many restaurants to experience and other things to see....once you get to Beaches - you won't want to leave - who would - you have everything right there!!!!!

Clooney Jan 3rd, 2011 05:59 PM

Hi Roams Around...you mention beaches being a good choice. I am going with a female friend. We are both 50. I am single she is not but we are not going to meet men specifically. Just wanted you to know. I am looking for a resort - with a gorgeous long, white sand, I want at least 2 miles. I like to walk everyday. Also, a little night life would be good. Suggestions? Beaches or is there another option you might suggest. Thanks.

RoamsAround Jan 4th, 2011 03:31 AM

Beaches Resort is on Grace Bay which is over 11 miles long and has the whitest sand you could imagine so it fits your desire to walk. There are scores of other resorts and condos along that very same beach which will offer accommodations in varying price ranges and styles. There's not a whole lot of Night Life on the island but it's not non-existent either. When you get to whatever resort you decide upon ask the concierge at the resort for a list of the places that will have the type of night life you are seeking.

Cherber Jan 11th, 2011 04:13 AM

Thank you everyone for your input....Can't wait to go!