way from Bahamas to USVI?

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

way from Bahamas to USVI?

Hi travelers,

Is there a way that one can go from Grand Bahama to St Thomas (or St John) USVI? I found a very cheap flight to GBah, but need a way to the USVIs from there (for cheap
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

^
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

caribbean bump
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 08:38 PM

There is not any kind of direct flight from GBI to the USVI. You might want to check some maps to see how far you are talking about.

The only flights out of GBI are going to be on Bahamas Air and it's $150rt to Nassau.

Check with USAir or Continental they both fly out of Nassau but not sure other than the US where the flights go.

I don't think you should figure on a cheap flight to the USVI out of the Bahamas.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 08:13 AM

springer,
I am doing back to back trips from the east coast to the out islands and then to STJ. I tried every which way to fly from the Bahamas to STT. I searched for a few days thinking of all kinds of options.. even going back to FL and then back out.. There is nothing that is going to be convenient and cheap. My best solution was to fly from home to Bahamas round trip - and then fly out the next day to STT - This ended up being the cheapest way and most direct avail from my location.
It sounds like it could work, just island hopping, but it is only good in theory. It depends on which islands.. LIAT flys out of STT to some of the other islands. The Bahamas are far from the USVI and so, island hopping is not really feasable. If you would like more details email me.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 06:45 PM

Tried to do something similar and found the only way to make it happen is to fly back to Miami and catch another flight.