Reload this Page >

Virgin Gorda,Fischer's Cove?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Winnie

Greetings travelers,<BR><BR>Anybody have anything to say about Fischer's Cove on Virgin Gorda. We plan to stay there for a couple of weeks in May in one of the garden view cottages. Any suggestions on best things to see and do. We love to snorkel and have been known to spend more than a trivial amount of time bellied up to the bar. We can also easily manage 2 or 3 miles of walking at a shot, but would also like to know what any of you might suggest when activities require motorized transport.<BR><BR>Suffice it to say, I never go more than 5 minutes without thinking about the trip.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Patrick

We are considering the same place for next Feb. and I just went to this board to post questions but maybe we can both find out info. Is this place directly on the beach? The location sounds very good to us(one mile from the Virgin Gorda Yacht Club) since we don't like tough drives at night and most of the restaurants are around there. Is it a good location. Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Patrick

Winnie- I did get a reply to this question on the BVI travel forum.The person who responded said it was basic but clean, had a nice beach and was close to Virgin Gorda Yacht Club. They would stay there again. Patrick

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 09:18 AM
xxx

Fischers is a great place on VG. It's not fancy or like a big resort. Even the Garden bungalows are right on the water or on a Very short path to the sand. You can hear the water from every bungalow. There is a very nice restaurant at Fischers which is great for those nights where you don't feel like driving too far or want to stay close to home. Pick up some wine and have your own happy hour on the beach in front of your place. The setting is BEAUTIFUL at sunset! The people are friendly and the place overall is very laid back. It's not a stuffy, luxurious place but it is very nice. There are plenty of great restaurants and local style bars where you may be the only ones having a few beers on the docks which is so much fun in the afternoons. - as well as the small grocery store and a couple shops in walking distance. Renting a car for a couple of days is great too so you can explore other beaches on the other side of the island -as well as restaurants.<BR>Good luck and Have Fun! It's a very relaxing place.<BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Patrick

Winnie- Just to let you know that I have received some other positive posts about Fischers on the Travel Froum BVI board. If you want to check them out they are on the current board right now. Patrick.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Winnie

Thanks for the replies.<BR><BR>Patrick- What is the address for the travel forum you referred to? There's been chatter on traveltalkonline.com about Fischers and it's good. There's also a forum at caribbean-on-line.com which I have yet to investigate. Are either of these the site you mentioned?<BR><BR>Also, I want to add that we've heard from my boyfriend's cousin who runs a charter sailboat in the islands and she has said it's a cool place.I have no details to embellish that statement.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:05 PM
bob

What are the summer rates at Fischer's and do they have a website?

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Winnie

Bob,<BR><BR>Here's the link for prices at Fischer's Cove:<BR>http://www.caribbeans.com/2bvi/3fischer/3fischer.htm

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Patrick

Winnie- the travel forum is the traveltalk bvi forum. The thread is back to page two or three by now.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:11 PM
mary

The beach in fron of FC is not the greatest on the island. The VGYC is not a big happening place. I think it has only 2 restaurants-more like pubs. There is another restaurant in the opposite direction of FC called the Rocks(?) something like that. It was pretty good. We were stopped by FC a few years ago during the spring the place seem desserted and the restaurant empty. Why not look into a small villa rental on a better beach? The island has some gorgeous spots.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:36 PM
bob

Winnie:<BR>Thanks for the web address. <BR><BR>Does anyone know what the beach is like at Fischer's? Is it a sandy swim beach like Smugglers Cove on Tortola or is it rocky and more of a snorkel beach?

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:07 AM
xxx

The beach is definitely sandy and then it drops off further out where there are rocks and coral to snorkel around.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:52 AM
JIm

I would agree with Mary. We rented a small villa but I can't remember the name of the area it was in. VG is beautiful. Our villa had a wraparound balcony with beautiful views and snorkling out back. Generally you might have to drive to the beaches. We also climbed to the highest point on the island, where there was a little tower.