Virgin Gorda Car Rental

May 16th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Virgin Gorda Car Rental

We will be spending 4 nights at Little Dix Bay in June, and we are considering whether to rent a car for the entire time. Can someone that's been tell me whether that would be a good idea? We generally like to be able to explore the island, and leave the resort for a meal now and then. Is there enough exploring to be done on VG to make it worth it, or should we only rent for a day or two? Also, can someone suggest a reliable car rental company on VG? Thanks in advance.
May 16th, 2004, 10:58 AM

We are leaving Tuesday for our second trip to LDB. We rent for a day or two and not the whole stay. Mahogany Car Rental is the best. The reason is that we "see" the island by taking the free boat ferries to different beaches. So if want to see the Baths, we take the LDB ferry service to Devil's Bay and walk over to the Baths. There are 9 different beaches that LDB will ferry people to and from. Not sure how much inland exploring there is, we prefer the beaches.
May 16th, 2004, 02:52 PM

Most folks I know who used to go to LDB have been going to Peter Island for several years.
M
May 17th, 2004, 03:44 AM

We used Speedy's and were VERY pleased.
They gave us a huge upgrade at no cost, were very accommodating and friendly, and THE gas station is right nearby to the pick up area.
You really need a car there in my opinion if you will be spending much time away from the resort.

Search this Thread