Reload this Page >

which USVI to stay at??

Search

which USVI to stay at??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 1998, 10:14 PM
tobie

which USVI to stay at??

I am going to the US virgin islands for about 8 or nine days and I want to know whether it is worth staying on each island for a couple of days or spending the majority of time on one island (and if so, which island is best).

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 07:20 AM
Paula

I have stayed in St. Thomas and St. Johns. St. Johns is by far the nicest. The water is much more clear and clean, its great for snorkeling.

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 07:24 AM
Paula

I have stayed in St. Thomas and St. Johns. St. Johns
is by far the nicest. The water is much more clear
and clean, its great for snorkeling. I would suggest
spending all of your time on St. Johns.

Old Jan 28th, 1998, 09:38 AM
Jean E. Bowers

I lived on St. Croix so I am partial to that Island. The island I suggest you stay away from except perhaps to visit is St. Thomas. We would go over on the sea plane on a non ship day to shop. When the large cruise ships are in port it is a zoo. St. Croix is larger and more laid back. From the luxury hotels Westin to beach condos such as Sugur Beach, St. Croix has it all. You can even rent a house with staff, pool, car etc. Visit the site where Columbus first landed, or a restored sugar plantation Whim Great House or horse back ride through the rain forest. Downtown Christainsted has great shopping and restaurants and visit the restored Customs House. Don't pass up the chance to snorkle through the only underwater national monument off Buck Island. You follow the underwater markers and see coral formations, colorful fish and perhaps a picnic on the beach. All in all a memorable day and a great vacation.

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 08:28 AM
Stacy

St. john is by far the best island of the 3. I have lived on both St. John and St. Croix. I am currently living on St. John. The island is beautiful and EXTREMELY safe. There are over 32 beaches to select from and the hiking trails are great. Also you are very close to the British Virgin Islands for day trips.

Will never go back to St. Croix, it is dirty, dangerous and the food is awful. Do not waste your
time. Hess Oil built a refinery on the South side
and a smelly landfill greets you next to the Airport! You can get that in any major city in the
US , why go to an island to see it?
Good luck and enjoy wherever you go.