Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Villa Rentals on Virgin Gorda/St. Johns (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/villa-rentals-on-virgin-gorda-st-johns-339812/)

jkurtiak Jul 22nd, 2003 11:55 AM

Villa Rentals on Virgin Gorda/St. Johns

Hi All,

We are trying to plan our 2 week honeymoon in the caribbean and am interested in the possibility of staying in a private villa.Cost for Villa can be around $2500 and it will be off-season.

We are doing 5 nights in a villa, 4 nights in a luxury hotel, and 4 night in a really nice hotel.One location is St. John's (villa or Caneel Bay), One is Peter Island (really nice hotel) and the other is Virgin Gorda (Villa or Litte Dix). We wouldnt need 4 bedrooms but realize most come with 2. Has anyone rented any? Name of company? Price? Website? Any info?

also are there grocery stores located on the islands? We would like to cook some meals but if its difficult to find groceries we might chose this island to stay in the hotel.

Thanks for any info you could provide
JK

honeymooner14 Jul 22nd, 2003 11:59 AM

I am doing the same sort of research for my wedding/honeymoon next summer. A few websites that I have found that have good pictures are: www.blueescapes.com; www.caribbeandays.com, and caribbeanway.com. Hope this helps! The rates are also listed on these sites.

jkurtiak Jul 23rd, 2003 05:14 AM

ttt

anyone else have any helpful info???

thanks

cannon Jul 23rd, 2003 05:49 AM

My husband and I stayed in St. John for our honeymoon five years ago. We rented a villa through island-getways.net We are going again this summer and staying with the same rental agency. The the house we rented is no longer listed, however they have some other great houses on their web site. I highly suggest staying in a villa over a hotel.

Lisager15 Jul 23rd, 2003 06:57 AM

My family has rented both Beachcomber and Beachdreams on Mahoe Bay in Virgin Gorda. Absolutely beautiful with 4-5 bedrooms, pool, modern kitchen on a beautiful beach. . .

chicgeek Jul 25th, 2003 06:01 PM

Check out the Casita at lasbrisas.com. It is an adorable honeymoon cottage, very private with its own pool and gardens. It is located at the Top of the Baths, and you can walk down to The Baths and to Devil's Bay. There is a larger house, too, with 2 bedrooms and a pool. Both houses are beautifully decorated and kept up. There is a restaurant across the street (called Top of the Baths), and the famous Mad Dog bar is also right across the street.

NJPaul Jul 30th, 2003 11:36 AM

We usually rent a villa at Nail Bay in Virgin Gorda. It's a little further up the road from Mahoe Bay and they handle a number of differant villas. I'm sure that they will have a 1 or 2 bedroom villa that you will enjoy. Go to www.nailbay.com. Call their toll free number and ask for Jane Merritt. She Knows the island very well and will be very helpful.
You will need a car and there are a few stores on the island where you can purchase food. Nothing is better than having dinner in your villa and watching the sunsets from your deck.
Contact me at [email protected] if you need any more information about Virgin Gorda.

fredonia85 Jul 30th, 2003 12:30 PM

We have booked through Windspree.com. They are a local company in Coral Bay on St. John. They have a lot of villas on the "quiet" side of St. John. Their rates are very reasonable. They can help you out. They have been great by us (family of 5).

travelingfool Jul 30th, 2003 02:41 PM

I think you're crazy for going to so many places on your honeymoon. Relax!!