Notices

Villa Cuba,Verodaro Beach

Oct 31st, 1998, 04:52 PM
Marilyn

Villa Cuba,Verodaro Beach

We will be staying here for one week at New Years. Has anyone been here before? We've travelled quite a bit but never been to Cuba.Help!

Nov 1st, 1998, 12:54 PM
Nils

I have been to Cuba, but not to Varadero. I know that Varadero is a "protected" area where only tourists. policemen and employees in the tourist industry have access. In general Cuba is a mixed experience. There are many positive things to say about the country - like little violence, not so much crime, good sanitary conditions, good health service (relatively spoken), friendly people, wonderful beaches and beatiful landscape. The most negative things are the prostitution and the begging for money (In Varadero you will experience the first phenomenon, but not the latter). I do not understand why Castro can tolerate these negative factors. In New Year the weather often is good. I have heard that the Cubans have a lively New Year's celebration. Nils

Nov 1st, 1998, 03:54 PM
Brooke

I have not stayed at this particular hotel but I have stayed on Varedero Beach. The people are great and the beach is gorgeous!

Search this Thread