Notices

Varadero-Cuba Best All-Inclusive

Sep 13th, 1999, 11:58 AM
Mary

Varadero-Cuba Best All-Inclusive

Hi. Would like to know what people consider to be the best all-inclusive in Varadero Cuba. I am looking for a 4 or 5 star resort with good food, accommodations and activities such as snorkelling and scuba diving.

Thanks.

Sep 13th, 1999, 01:21 PM
Michel

Hi Mary,
I don't mean to deflate your bubble, but in my opinion Varadero has become such a victim of "cancunization" that perhaps you should consider Cayo Guillermo. We recently stayed at Sol Club Cayo Guillermo and loved it. It is a 4 star resort with good food, accommodations, entertainment... It also has a very good dive centre. The cost is about $1,600 CDN per person for a two-week stay.

Sep 13th, 1999, 04:25 PM
Tim

Mary,
Having been to both Cancun and Varadero (as well as Cayo Coco/Guillermo), I can assure you that Varadero is not nearly as built-up, crowded and commercialized as Cancun. Granted, it is Cuba's most developed tourist region and not as remote/quiet as Cayo Guillermo, however it does offer a bit more to the tourist as far as off-resort activities and yet is not overcrowded by any means.

I would rate the SuperClubs Breezes Varadero (4-plus) as the best all-inclusive on Varadero beach. My wife & I were there twice in the past year, and would recommend it highly to anyone. The food was the best we've had anywhere in the Caribbean, the rooms were large, clean, and very well kept, and they had lots of included activities that run all day/every day. Also, the staff at this resort was excellent, and as beautiful as the resort was it was really the staff that brought us back. Also, unlike other resorts in Varadero, the SuperClubs Varadero is spread out across a large area of land, and has a longer stretch of beach than the other resorts (although you can set up anywhere).

Send me an e-mail if I can be of any more assistance. Have fun!!

Tim

Sep 14th, 1999, 11:30 AM
Donna

Hi Mary. I would certainly have to agree with Tim. I've never been to Cancun but I can tell you that Varadero is certainly far from being "built up". I was at Superclubs Varadero by myself in May of last year for a week and can hardly wait to go back again. It was the first time I had travelled alone and I had the time of my life. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, the staff is great, the food is good and plentiful and the stretch of beach belonging to the hotel is by far the best along the strip as far as I could walk (which was pretty far). You lack for absolutely nothing while you're there -- if you're so inclined, there are lots of activities all day but if you just want to "veg" (like I did), you're free to do that too. Most of the guests when I was there were European and Canadian, no Americans that I was aware of. There's a little disco on the premises and a piano bar with karaoke (that's where I spent most of my time) as well as live entertainment in the dining room every night. What more could you ask for?

Good luck.

Donna

Search this Thread