Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Vacation Romance..which Island did you meet that special someone that will forever be in your memories?

Vacation Romance..which Island did you meet that special someone that will forever be in your memories?

Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:23 PM
Romeo

Vacation Romance..which Island did you meet that special someone that will forever be in your memories?

You know how it goes sometimes, you visit and Island looking for some well deserved r&r or just to party with friends and then you meet that special someone and have a vacation of a lifetime. Maybe it was for one magical, moonlight, beach strolling night or two weeks of fun, whatever it was I am sure this has happened to you at some time. For me, it was in Barbados with a girl from another Caribbean Island.I had gone there to party, saw her at the beach and ended up having the best week of my life. I still look at the photos and I am reminded on how great that summer was, even though we knew all we had were those few days.We still keep in touch via email, but she lives there and I live here..... maybe one day we may meet again,who knows.I have friends who have met their wives on vacation..so anything is possible!

Have you got any stories to share?

Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:20 PM
Yesitcanhappen

Twenty-five years ago some footloose and fancy-free girls from chicago went to the Bahamas and met some boys from Brooklyn. They had a great vacation, kept in touch and travelled back and forth from Chicago to New York for the next year. They made plans to go to the Bahamas again and once again had a great vacation.
Two of those girls married two of those Brooklyn boys and lived happily (so far) ever after.......they are both celebrating 22 years of marriage this year.
So, yes you can meet your true love on a vacation and make it work......

Search this Thread