I'm getting married in June, and we're looking to do our honeymoon in January (2015). I understand resorts typically say honeymoon packages are only applicable within a few months of the wedding, so I know we won't be getting that.
I haven't been to a resort before so I need some help. I figure I'll post what we're interested in and see if anyone can help me out.
-Can't do Mexico
-Clean, preferably not known for issues with plumbing and such
-Quality food (not necessarily fancy fine dining, but at a minimum is better-than-average quality that won't wreak havoc on our bowels)
-On a beach with good swimming
-Options for fun excursions
-Budget of $6,000 Canadian for two, including airfare from Toronto (YYZ)
Also when do you think would be a good time to book?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 4 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas