Reload this Page >

Turks/Caicos vs. St. Kitts - Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Adam

My fiancee and I are looking for a honeymoon destination - Turks/Caicos vs. St. Kitts. We're comparing the two locations with particular reference to the following factors:<BR>-quality of beaches<BR>-quality of accomodations<BR>-nightlife<BR>-restaurants<BR>-daytime activities other than the beach<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Nancy

Hi Adam,<BR>If those two are your final choice - <BR><BR>-quality of beaches = No doubt, T&amp;C<BR>-quality of accomodations = T&amp;C again, Grace Bay, Parrot Cay, etc. (unless you go to Nevis and Four Seasons)<BR>-nightlife = both about the same - not much except local parties and a little (tame) entertainment at resorts<BR>-restaurants = T&amp;C (Provo)<BR>-daytime activities other than the beach = about the same but St. Kitts has more scenic views and neat historical spots - Brimstone Hill<BR><BR>Both places are wonderful with very friendly people.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Adam

Thanks, Nancy. I read in one post that it's cooler in T&amp;C than St. Kitts. We're going in late May/early June. Any thoughts?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Nancy

Hi Adam,<BR>The only real difference at that time might be the water temps, but even then, it wouldn't be more than a couple or three degrees.<BR>I love both places, but think T&amp;C might have more of what you are looking for - especially if you want great beaches.<BR>Other choices with ALL of what you are looking for are Anguilla or the Mayan Riviera - Playa del Carmen, etc.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Robyn

Adam:<BR><BR>For memorable honeymoon quality accommodations, I would definitely suggest St. Kitts (Ottley's is my favourite). It is set in gorgeous surroundings with great food and service. It's not on the beach. True, T&amp;C would win over SK for beaches. The other nice thing about St. Kitts is its proximity to Nevis. You can do a split vacation (Nisbet Plantation, Golden Rock, are a few other great choices.<BR>SKN is the Caribbean as it used to be, so in terms of culture and history, it offers more than T&amp;C. There are also more activities (rainforest hikes, sightseeing, day trips to other islands). I found the people to be very friendly and gentle. It's very scenic. I also think it might be more affordable than the upscale places on T&amp;C that were previously mentioned. <BR>It all depends on what you want.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Kim

I would second Robyn's post. For a honeymoon, Ottleys on St Kitts would win in my books hands down. It is an absolutely beautiful property with first rate accomodation set admists acres of rolling and beautifully manicured lawns. Service is first rate, the staff is the best! The resturant is excellent - it wins hands down no doubt. You can find decent beaches in St Kitts but agreed it is not as known for its beaches as TC is. Other than that, there is the famous fort which you can visit during the day for a bit of history (Brimstone Hill), we loved visiting some of the old plantations, one in particular, Rawlins Plantation has an art studio run by Kate Spencer a well known Caribbean artist, we also found driving through the countryside and all the little villages a delightful experience. The locals are very friendly and helpful and are willing to point you in the right direction if you take a wrong turn. Not much by way of nightlife in St Kitts but you can find some beaches bars which get lively on the weekend.Restuarants - we liked the resturant at Ottleys - excellent gourment type food, great service. Outside of that, we liked Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Lemon and there were a number of local places we tried (names I have forgotten) that we found very good. St Kitts does not lack for good restuarants in our opinion.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Chris

Robyn/Kim,<BR><BR>With such glowing reviews of Ottley's (and I've read several others) I picked it for my June 2003 Honeymoon. we are staying in one of the cottages. I too did a lot of research via the web and found Ottley's to be the small, intimate and luxurious place I was looking for. My conversations with the staff via phone and the web have confirmed that they are indeed exceptional in providing superior service. Thanks for confirming once again that I made the right choice!