Turks & Caicos on Travel Channel

Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks & Caicos on Travel Channel

I missed it last night...did anyone see it?
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:26 AM

I did. Great shots of T&C and it was neat to see the places I have been and people I have met (Jodi the SNUBA girl!) though I don't think they did Grace Bay Beach justice. Also, neat to see the places and things I haven't yet seen and done. But that the Bridget is just awful. She was so annoying and didn't come across as the brightest bulb in the pack!
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:36 AM

They highligted beach volleyball at Nikki Beach, Iguana Island, fishing and conch diving at Ambergris, SNUBA in front of Windsong/Coral Garderns, a Pirate cove trip, eating Conch pistols at DaConch Shack and horseback riding on Long Bay Beach. They finished with her photo shoot on a cay (can't recall the name) near Parrot Cay.
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

I just read The Trip Advisor Forum about this show..WOW people did not like the host!!
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 03:40 AM

I was not the least bit happy with that show. The hostess was pretty much a 'bimbo', but I can live with that.

What upset me, was when they flew over the Blue Hole on the way to the Ambergris Cays. I'm pretty that's the Blue Hole off the coast of Belize (and reachable from Ambergris Caye in Belize) and NOT off the coast of Turk and Caicos.

I tried to find an e-mail address to write and complain, but I couldn't find anything.

If there is indeed a blue hole by T&C, then, I'm sorry for the rant.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 04:15 AM

JeanH: There is a Blue Hole in T&C! It's located on the south coast of Middle Caicos on the way to T&C's private Ambergris Cay. I took pictures of it on my way to Turks and Caicos Ambergris Cay. If you want to scuba it, you can fly to South Caicos, Greg from South Caicos Divers can show you. It's about 200 ft. deep. It's really cool, because the hole is on Caicos Banks, which is pretty shallow, only about 10 feet deep for miles, and then there's the hole. The water is super bright turquoise around it.

you can view it on Google Earth, off the southern coast of Middle Caicos.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 02:46 PM

So, I guess I am sorry for my rant. The pictures certainly looked like the Blue Hole in Belize, and they were talking about no one knowing how deep it was.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Learn something new every day.

I also learned I won't be watching that particular show again, even though some of the scenery was interesting. Too much 'bimbo' for me.