Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Turks & Caicos - Ocean Club or Ocean Club West?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are trying to plan our first anniversary trip and think we are set on T&C. I am wondering what the major differences between the Ocean Club and Ocean Club West are in terms of comfort level, beach, pool, amenities, etc. I heard that the OC West is closer to shops and restaurants, but want to make sure it is still nice in terms of the property and rooms. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 12:53 PM

OC west is newer than OC so it probably has better rooms.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Sunnyboy

The main difference is OCW is a few years newer. The properties themselves are laid out essentially the same with similar sized buildings placed in the same relative locations to one another. The landscaping and grounds are comparable. Both properties are well maintained so there's little difference in the quality of the different rooms/units. The on-site amenities are the same with the exception being the watersports center (sunfish and aqua cat rentals) are located only at OC. There is a free shuttle bus that runs continuously between both properties and guests may use the facilities at either place. The pools are vertually identical as is the beach. There are a few shops and two or three restaurants within walking distance of OCW but they are not of sufficient quantity or quality to be a major factor (you can always use the shuttle bus to get to those places from OC.

Old Nov 11th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much. Would you say that the OC West has a nice beach/pool area?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 02:02 PM

look at this link for a virtual tower of ocwest: http://www.resortvacationstogo.com/resort.cfm?res=278
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Sunnyboy

The pool area and beach at both OC and OCW are very nice. Pools are large (free form in design) with plenty of lounge chairs. The beaches at both are on Grace Bay which stretches for about 11 miles. White sand as far as the eye can see. It's an exceptionally fine beach for it's entire length. Again, no difference between locations.

Old Nov 15th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much - looks good to me!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:33 AM

My husband I stayed OCW in May 2005. We went several times down to OC. The beaches are comparable. I found the food better at OCW and the grounds
and pool much prettier also. As for the rooms we didnot view any. The shops are closer to OCW. There is a shuttle that takes you between the two.
Yo can't go wrong with OCW.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:13 PM
TG

I vote for OCW!

We stayed at OCW and visited OC -- we preferred the location of OCW and yes it is younger than OC.

Their beach and pools are very nice.

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

I've recently noticed that the Sands at Grace Bay has come down in price and am wondering if anyone has an opinion about which is nicer, Ocean Club West or Sands? Mixed reviews on tripadvisor. Thanks so much!!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 12:26 PM

We stayed at OCW and loved it, but walked down to pool bar at what we called OCE for the best mangoritas ever...yummy.

Enjoy!

Trish