Notices

Turks & Caicos Islands

Jul 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Turks & Caicos Islands

Need help...........

My gfs and I are going to Turks & Caicos and we have never been there. We found this site call "Club Med" and they are offering us a pretty good deal on AI and from reading the reviews on Trip Advisors it sounds like a good place for a girls trip. I just want to make sure we are picking a good place and people to help plan our trip. We are going 11//21-12/1.. Any advice or should we go w/ a different company??

Any suggestions or advice would be great.. we're just looking to have a good girls trip and relax, have fun, and just enjoy Turks as its all of our first time going there.

Thx
Jul 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Club Med is a basic "no frills" All Inclusive resort - it is not a trip planner, travel or booking agency. Rooms are somewhat small and modestly furnished. The resort gets mixed reviews. Clientele tends to be singles, younger couples and some families who like to engage in activities. Lots of "on resort" activities like beach volleyball, basketball, soccer, water volleyball, etc.

Whether or not it meets your definition of a "good place for a girls trip" depends on what your group like to do, your age group, your budget, etc.
Jul 20th, 2012, 01:39 PM

To further add to roams,

Club med has it's own personality, it's not a typical AI. It's great for singles, activities, trapeze, show, disco. They do water aerobics at the pool, "crazy signs". Dinner tables are long and you sit with others because ts all about meeting others. Food in my opinion has really gone down there, whereas Provo has some. The best restaurants in the Caribbean.

Rooms are extremely basic, it's all about mingling. No balcony or patio. Rooms could use an overhaul.

It can be fun! If you knw what you're getting too, then great. If you're looking for a typical AI (if you've been to Mexico or DR that way) then it's not. Actually you find typical AI in TCI. It's an expensive destination.

So it depends what you really want on a vacation, and what your budget is.

Overall Provo is a mellow island, not much happens after dinner except on fri and sats.

Search this Thread