Turks & Caicos Honeymoon Help!

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:00 AM
ser
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks & Caicos Honeymoon Help!

Hi

I am considering Turks & Caicos for my honeymoon but I am stuck on where to stay! I would prefer all inclusive (for budget reasons) but don't want to be overun with kids as its my honeymoon.
My total budget including spending money is about £4000 for 2 people (we're coming from England) and as far as I can see I don't have much choice but Allegro Resort which has bad reviews on here.
If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Also is it ok in June?
Thanks
Sarah
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:26 PM

Check out the Royal West Indies Resort. While not an AI, this is a pretty new place, right on Grace Bay and is, in my opinion, one of the nicer places for the money. Their website is:
http://www.royalwestindies.com/
Old Sep 28th, 2003, 02:29 PM

check out villarenaissance.com. not an ai, but brand new property. Yes, June is great time.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:09 PM

Don't listen to the bad comments about the Allegro. We have been 2 years in a row and are going the first week in November again. It is not a 5 star hotel but the people are very friendly, especially, Betty the lady that makes Smoothies every morning at breakfast. the pools are great and the beach is the best you will ever find. the sand is like powder, you can walk down the beach and not see anyone. Very peaceful and beautiful. All the food and booze and sun you will even need!!
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:09 AM

I just can't recommend AI on Provo. There are a number of good restaurants too good to miss (especially on your honeymoon)and I don't think any of the AI's there are great for a honeymoon. The Sands, Ocean Club West, Royal West Indies, The Alexandra, are all better options. You can save $ if need be by going to the grocery store and eating breakfast and lunch in your condo. Not certain of the exchange rate but isn't that equivalent to about $6,500 U.S.? You can do many places for that inc. air and spending money in June, depending on length of stay. And if you can manage to swing it, Point Grace is incredible for a honeymoon, I highly recommend it.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:36 PM
mrt

Pick a different island. You will be bored stiff. Unless you dive there is nothing to do in Turks. How about the Atlamtis on Paradise Island. It is incredible!
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:02 PM

I beg to differ. We spent 10 days on Provo this last summer and 2 years ago we stayed at Atlantis. Atlantis was crawling with kids.
Provo has beautiful beaches and water, and some people (like me) like the more quiet atmosphere of Provo. I wasn't bored at all. The is snorkeling and you can drive around to Malcom's beach and a few other spots, there's a few hours worth of shopping, my husband and son went jet skiing and diving, we went on a couple cruises. The restaurants were much better on Provo than on Paradise Island.
We stayed at Ocean Club West and it was great. As for AI vs pay as you go, we originally had reservations with Beaches, but the negative reviews scared us away. I don't know what Beaches would have been like, but I do know we would have missed out on some really great dinners. And going home I heard two couples say they stayed at Allegro and they would never go back. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Another benefit of staying at a non AI (this may have been mentioned already) - you can go to the grocery store (the IGA, most hotels have shuttles) and eat some meals (breakfast, lunch, go out for dinner) in your room. I also bought a bottle of rum and some fruit punch and made my own rum punches, which saved us alot also. The low keyness of the island I think would be perfect for a honeymoon.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:03 PM

I beg to differ. We spent 10 days on Provo this last summer and 2 years ago we stayed at Atlantis. Atlantis was crawling with kids.
Provo has beautiful beaches and water, and some people (like me) like the more quiet atmosphere of Provo. I wasn't bored at all. The is snorkeling and you can drive around to Malcom's beach and a few other spots, there's a few hours worth of shopping, my husband and son went jet skiing and diving, we went on a couple cruises. The restaurants were much better on Provo than on Paradise Island.
We stayed at Ocean Club West and it was great. As for AI vs pay as you go, we originally had reservations with Beaches, but the negative reviews scared us away. I don't know what Beaches would have been like, but I do know we would have missed out on some really great dinners. We spent the same amount of money as what Beaches would have been. And going home I heard two couples say they stayed at Allegro and they would never go back. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Another benefit of staying at a non AI (this may have been mentioned already) - you can go to the grocery store (the IGA, most hotels have shuttles) and eat some meals (breakfast, lunch, go out for dinner) in your room. I also bought a bottle of rum and some fruit punch and made my own rum punches, which saved us alot also. The low keyness of the island I think would be perfect for a honeymoon.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:25 PM

I can't comment since I have not been to either, but from friends ... Alantis is horrible ... many kids and you can't even get a beach chair ... peoople grab them early w/ towels. Over priced and not very friendly sevice.

Turks ... A friend did the club med and didn't care for it ... kinda tacky.
But it sounds like a place if you want to relax and do not require much (as in restaurants). I'm kinda leaning towards this place!
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:01 PM

The Club Med on Columbus Isle if very nice! It's an adult club. Nice Beach - Pretty Club Med.