Turks. & Caicos cayman island or jamaica

Jan 16th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Turks. & Caicos cayman island or jamaica

We would like to go to the Caribbean at the end of February early March. Wed like beach time but we also like culture or historical some things which would you recommend also we would be looking for places to stay on the water any suggestions ?? Our budget is moderate ++
Jan 16th, 2018, 11:37 AM

Define what “moderate” means to you in terms of actual dollars.

FYI - the T&C’s and Grand Cayman are often considered two of the more expensive destinations in the Caribbean. Jamaica, on the other hand, is considered to be a more budget friendly destination.
Jan 16th, 2018, 02:07 PM

For beach time ie swimming in the sea, I would suggest Grand Cayman. Having been to Negril during March, I found the water chilly and air temps a bit on the cool side.
For culture & history, I would choose Jamaica if you are not concerned about swimming in the sea.
Jan 16th, 2018, 09:56 PM

Reply by Darren Chaker

I personally love Turks and Caicos for leisure activity, the beaches, and sunsets. Cayman is also stunning, but for those who are interested in private banking and desire to mix business with pleasure, then certainly take advantage of the Cayman Islands banking and strict privacy laws. As for dining, I have been traveling a lot the last three months and have not found a bad restaurant. I personally have ditched meat, so my love for seafood is at its peak on any island. As for Jamaica, after living in Houston for a bit, it's just not my type of place to visit. Wherever you decide to go, enjoy it! Best to you, Darren Chaker
Jan 17th, 2018, 09:38 AM

Jamaica may be your best choice both for budget, culture, and history. Grand Cayman and Turks are two of the most expensive islands in the Caribbean. And as much as I especially love Turks and Caicos ( Grace Bay Beach is incredible!), there's simply not much to do or see that isn't water based or food based ( restaurants).

Search this Thread