Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Turks & Caicos (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/turks-and-caicos-849181/)

drsaloni Jul 12th, 2010 09:00 AM

Turks & Caicos

My husband, 1 year old son & myself visited Provo for the first time past Feb.2010 for 15 days.The trip was entirely made possible by Caribzack,Virginia,Blamona & reading multiple listings here & on tripadvisor.Its a bit late now but I never had a chance to thank anyone & write a little about our trip.
Sands was so so wonderful.It was perfect with a newborn who slept at 8 & we had so much space ,privacy to hang out.We had a 1BR - oceanview in building 4 I think.It was clean, kitchen was updated & housekeeping were so sweet & kept the room tidy even though my son had all his meals in the room & dirtied the place.Also the garbage cans were always full with diapers but they did a marvelous job.I really was surprised & thankful to the point of leaving our portable swing there for one of the housemaids children.The property is fabulous, relaxed , comfortable but the staff are definitely up a notch even at the restaurants.The beach was one of the nicer ones.We did enjoy Conch Shack alot & wen to most of the hotels & ate at the restaurants, with Sommerset being my favorite.The restaurant - cant remember the name in Royal West Indies was good.I fell in love with Chalk Sound. I know its not a long trip report but I think you guys have me addicted & I have fallen in love with this place.I no longer feel like going to the rest of the Caribbean, it just doesnt compare.Our flight got cancelled thrice & I was happy to stay there for 15 rahter than 12 days.We checked in thrice & checked out 4 times, were in totally 3 different rooms & can you believe they provided a crib everytime, to the extent that the last night when our flight got cancelled , we returned once again at 7 pm , they didnt have a crib & went to another hotel & 30 min. later we had a crib. We will surely surely return, this is paradise on earth.Thank you all.

tch912 Jul 12th, 2010 12:17 PM

drsoloni, I felt the same way when I went to St. Thomas for the first time but I thought about and said try something else. I did and each island get better than the other. My favorites are Jamaica, Bequia, St. Thomas, St. Croix, the Big Island and etc, etc, :). I have been doing this now for over ten years usually once or twice a year. I am trying Puerto Rico this fall, flown there twice on my way to some place else, it might make my go back to list in twenty years :).

tch912 Jul 12th, 2010 12:19 PM

I forgot to add St. Lucia:)

blamona Jul 12th, 2010 04:45 PM

so excited you loved it! Thanks for giving us feedback after your trip. The water at Chalk Sound is unreal, isn't it?

do you have any pictures you can share? I know the next edition of Fodor's Caribbean 2011 which comes out at the end of August, will have pictures!

Next time you should take your child to Sapadilla Bay, your kid will be giddy!

virginia Jul 13th, 2010 07:51 AM

so glad you loved provo and the sands. there are a number of us who think it's the 'best island'. it was not my first island but it's the only one i've wanted to go back to 3 times :) let me know if you decide to try a villa next time.

Caribzack Jul 13th, 2010 02:01 PM

So gladd that you loved the trip and the Somerset ...

drsaloni Jul 14th, 2010 02:35 PM

tch912 to tell you the truth it wasnt my first island, just the last.Have been to Aruba, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico 7 then Provo.........trust me I am still in love with Provo.Cant wait to get back.Blamona I do have pictures, not sure where or how to post them here.

drsaloni Jul 14th, 2010 02:37 PM

Oh i forgot Hawaii & New Zealand ........not the Caribbean but Islands......