Turks & Cacicos Photos

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks & Cacicos Photos

Here are some photots of my recent trip to Turks and Caicos. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...93605855ijPrlg

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:33 AM

hey melissa, thanks for sharing your pics. aren't the provo dogs amazing in their ability to get handouts. i've become attached to several in my visits.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Virginia... I did fall in love with some of thise dogs! I wanted to take all of them home with me!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:32 AM
KVR

Very nice pictures. You apparently went to some better snorkeling spots than we did. We never saw that many fish at one time in one spot.

Glad to see your husband is doing better and you made the trip. We're off to Aruba in 7 weeks. Can't wait.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM

beautiful photos - makes me want to go back tommorrow.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!

KVR... Most of those underwater photos were taken snorkeling at Coral Garden. We must have gotten really lucky with spotting all those fish together. Seemed like there were schools everywhere!!

I wish I was there now!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 01:29 PM

GREAT pics! i hope t&c will be my next trip.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks for sharing. We stayed at the Sands and did many of the same things you did. Our first day snorkelling at CG was fabulous but the next time around for some reason it was not as great.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
KVR

We must have hit Coral Gardens on a bad day also. We saw a few fish, but nothing very interesting. We were disappointed we didn't see a turtle. We did 4 boat trips and overall was quite disappointed that we hardly saw any fish, just coral.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM

Thank you so much for posting your photos Melissa.

Hubby and I will be going there in Mid-February and we are really excited about this trip.

Your photos make me want to start packing now!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

KVR....Yeah we were lucky that each time we went to CG we saw tons of fish. I was really lucky to see the turtles. I saw him twice while there but it was always just in the nick of time - because each time he was swimming away and I would hurry and snap a shot! I was REALLY happy to see the Baraccuda - he scared me at first, but he was just cruising around.

As for the snorkel excursions... I too didn't see much in the way of fish - mostly Coral. Kind of disappointing - I would rather have been snorkeling at CG all that time. But the excursions were a nice experience.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 03:39 AM
KVR

I have to agree. GC had much better snorkeling. T & C was nice, but GC was overall a better vacation for us.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:26 AM

KVR: you read it backwards! VegasM said CG (coral gardens) not GC (grand Cayman.) I don't think she's been to GC yet! 8-)
Weather can always play a factor on vacations. I've been to Caymans twice for 10 days each and had the worst luck. The first trip it poured for 9 out of 10 days. Cancelled all trips to stingray city. Snorkel trips, but I need sun to see the colors, kinda blah under clouds. The second time, I finally got to see Stingray City which was very cool.
I've had better luck in T&C. But it could be my timing. Only once was it windy and I didn't see much.
In T&C every outer reef excursion I've seen a shark. The water is always clearer for me there too. At Coral Gardens, I've snorkeled with schools of fish, Barry the Baracuda (yeah, he has a name!) numerous turtles, stingrays, and for 20 minutes once I followed an Eagle Ray. (too cool) even seen some squid. I have to say, the weather has been nicer for me in T&C, and the water clearer.
I've had really good luck in Cozumel too.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

YES, Blamona is correct I did mean Coral Garden - however I HAVE been to Grand Cayman...went last year for the first time! While I really enjoyed my trip to Grand Cayman, I LOVED TCI better! I, like (Blamona), didn't have much luck in the way of snorkeling. We did do the excursion to Stingray City and loved it - but aside from that excursion, I didn't see much of anything while snorkeling anywhere else. It must have just been timing as I know Cayman is one of the hottest spots for snorkeling/diving.

I enjoyed Cayman more than hubby. However, after going to TCI, I think we found our new vacation spot (for a while anyway) We really fell in love with that island!!
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM

I have found that if you want to see turtles at Coral Gardens, you are better off snorkeling in the turtle grass along the edges of the reef and going out a little deeper.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM

Thank you for sharing your pictures. We stayed at the Sands also and loved it. The pics brought back some great memories. Thanks!
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Loved the pics VegasM!

Snorkling in front of the Coral Gardens is the great. We have been to Provo twice and love it. Snorkling was better (in my opinion) in front of CG than on the boat trip we did
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! We really did enjoy this trip and can't wait to return to TCI next year!
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM
iw

VegasM...was T&C very developed? I have not been there and we like a laid-back atmoshpere and the chance to explore an island. Any thoughts would be appreciated...we have been to St. Martin(3x), St. Kitts/Nevis(2x), Guadeloupe, Bahamas and Aruba. Out of those places, we least cared for Aruba and the Bahamas (Princess).
Thanks!
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

iw.... T&C is perfect if you are looking for a laid back atmosphere!! It's not as built up as most islands, but it's getting there as much construction is starting. So you might want to get there before it gets too crowded! There are plenty of hotels and wonderful restaurants to visit. Shopping is limited - they have a couple shopping centers to purchase souveniers, etc. No real high end shopping (if that matters to you).

If you're really into lounging on the beach/pool, eating and relaxing - then TCI is the place for you!! The BEACH is THE reason to go there - if for nothing else! It is magnificent! There are tons of water excursions to go on - snorkeling, beach BBQ, cave exploring, etc.

There is no real nightlife to speak of - if that matters to you. My husband and I are from LV so that is what we try to get away from. We are all about laying around on the beach, snorkeling and eating!!!

You can explore the island - provided you have a decent vehicle to do that in (lots of diret roads) - mostly to see other areas and beaches. They do have a conch farm there - the only one in the caribbean.

It's a great place... we loved it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -