Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Tropical Storm Bill....should I worry? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/tropical-storm-bill-should-i-worry-332258/)

Love2Travel Jun 29th, 2003 06:50 PM

Tropical Storm Bill....should I worry?

Hi everyone,

I am leaving tomorrow for Provo, T&C.We are excited to be returning to paradise, but a bit apprehensive about the tropical storm that is active in the gulf of Mexico and Atlantic.

I am not a weather expert, nor a geography expert, so this question may be dumb. What are the chances that Provo will feel the effects from this storm?

Please do not bash me for asking this. I asked a question about travelers checks the other day and received a response that ticked me off.

Thanks for any advice or info you can offer.

Denise

ScubaMom Jun 30th, 2003 04:04 AM

It is going into New Orleans area - far away from T&C.

Mermaid Jun 30th, 2003 04:17 AM

Denise
This will probably "tick you off" but instead of asking a message board why don't you just go to Weather.com or one of the other weather sites and look at where the storm is. Or turn on the Weather channel for 15 minutes and find out what's going on. Or call your hotel in T&C and ask if they expect to have storm problems.
This particular storm in in the Gulf of Mexico headed for landfall in Mississippi, Louisiana or Texas, that is no where near the T&C. You don't have to be any kind of expert weather, geograpy or otherwise to find this stuff out.

Love2Travel Jun 30th, 2003 06:06 AM

Thank you Scuba Mom.

Mermaid, actually, no, your post didn't tick me off. For your information however, I did check weather web sites and for the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean, they made mention of Tropical storm Bill. And I have been watching the weather channel, but have not heard any mention of the islands. But thanks for posting the suggestions. :)

Diana Jun 30th, 2003 06:35 AM

Hi again.
The countdown is on.
Actually, as of this morning, I think WE'RE supposed to get it here in NC as it makes its way up the coast as ScubaMom said.
So, while you're sitting on the beach enjoying a frosty drink in the sun, we'll be getting the bad weather.
Have a great time 8-)

Canuck_at_Canada_eh Jun 30th, 2003 06:43 AM

Tropical Storm Bill is making landfall just west of New Orleans and is then forecast to head north/northeast and cross the states of Mississippi, Alabama, touch Tenessee and the top of Georgia and then head up into North Carolina by by 1:00 a.m. Thursday EST.
By this point it will probably be only a Tropical depression and other than a rainy day Thursday, will not cause any problems in the Carolinas.
It is NOT tracking up the Atlantic Coast from the Caribbean, but is tracking up the Gulf of Mexico to New Orleans then across land.
Check out my other post on HOW TO track Tropical Storms and Hurricanes.

Steve