Tropical locale for single female traveler

Sep 15th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Tropical locale for single female traveler

Iím a woman in her 40s who refuses to go to another all-inclusive in Mexico with my friends on their annual trip. Favorite tropical vacations so far were to Belize and Costa Rica (not solo travel). I want beach, relaxation, snorkeling, kayaking, local cuisine and shopping, safe location, and an affordable room (under 120/nt if possible). Iím confident traveling alone in the US but a little more cautious internationally.
Iím looking at Routan as an option but would like other suggestions. Iím open to any Caribbean or C America locations.
Help me find my Feb destination to escape the Midwest cold!
Sep 17th, 2018, 02:20 AM

Judging by where youíve been that you live sounds like Roatan is a good fitóso you can ask in Central America forums

ive traveled the world solo, use normal precautions everywhere, study the destination to know what to avoid, and never walk alone at night (taxi, car rental, donít leave with strangers, use safes, etc) these things will all minimize something happening to you.
Sep 17th, 2018, 02:21 AM

PS consider Balióextremely tropical, very affordable
Sep 17th, 2018, 11:26 AM

Hi, Roatan is a very good option for relaxation and do water activities. Even though, I've read many good feedback of the place, I've never been there yet. I can tell you that Panama is a very good option too. You can do some island tours in San Blas, or spend a full vacation is Bocas del Toro or Colon. All the mentioned placed are in the Caribbean side of the country, offering crystal clear water, white sand, unique vibes, restaurants, and opportunities to do as many water activities as you can.
Sep 17th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Negril Jamaica is my favorite of the Caribbean places I've been. I would be comfortable there solo myself.

Search this Thread