Notices

Trinidad Hotels

Nov 11th, 2002, 12:00 PM
anne

Trinidad Hotels

I have a stopover in Trinidad and decided to spend a few nights. Is there a really nice (going for it!) hotel close to the airport?

Nov 11th, 2002, 01:33 PM
trini

Anne,

There was a series of posts on this issue a couple of months back. The short answer is no, not near the airport. But nothing else is near the airport, either. It is quite a ways from Port-of-Spain, which is where the Hilton and the Kapok hotels are located. They are the two best on the island, which is not yet awakened to the tourism possibilties.
If you haven't yet done so, select Trinidad from the island selector above and then look through the threads that come up for the island. There won't be too many, so you should find the ones about the airport layover hotels.

Nov 15th, 2002, 09:10 AM
trinigirl

Don't let the previous poster scare you. Port-of-Spain is only about 20-30 minutes drive away from the Airport - straight highway. In addition to the Hilton and Kapok, there is also the Crowne Plaza and Hotel Normande as well as guest houses. The Hilton has lots of grounds, tennis court ect. Do a search in Google for Trinidad and Tobago and you will come up with a number of tourism pages. These hotels will keep you close to the shopping,sites and nightlife.

Note: There is the Piarco Int. Airport and Bel Air close to the Airport but there is not much to do around this area save for 1 mall close by.

If you have enough time here don't forget our lovely sister isle Tobago.

Nov 15th, 2002, 10:23 AM
not

Trinigirl,

I'm not really a trini, I just used that name. I haven't been to T&T since '93 when I was there for Carnival.
Who's looking good for Panorama in the spring? Any surprises? Will it be 'Radoes and Exodus fighting it out?
What's the hottest parang this season, and is there a good Christmas soca that's popular this year? I listen to "Soca Santa" and "Bring me Piece 'o Ham" again and again every December.
One day I'll get back there, visit all the Mas camps and all the pan yards, and just luxuriate in the joy the music brings.

Search this Thread