Trinidad and Tobago Misc Questions

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Joni

Trinidad and Tobago Misc Questions

I am planning to go to Trinidad and Tobago in a few months. We will be staying at Asa Wright and Blue Waters Inn. I was wondering if anyone here has stayed there and if so, I'd be curious to hear your experiences.

Also, is the water there safe to drink? If not, where do you get bottled water? We will not have a car as we will be traveling with fellow bird watchers in a group.

For Blue Waters, do they have towels for the beach or do you need to bring your own?

And finally, does either hotel have laundry service so I don't have to pack much? I don't want to check any bags if I can help it, although with the 1 carryon limit this will be a little difficult.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Joni

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 06:16 AM
anon

Those kinds of those questions are best answered by calling the hotels directly. That's the only way to get totally accurate, current info - you can't really trust advice you get on an internet forum, although its a great place for ideas. Some hotels have email addresses on their websites, which is an easy way to check.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 04:32 PM
Elizabeth

I have stayed at both places and I love them both and hope to go back to both of them. We may be clones.

I can't answer any of the towel questions however.

Asa Wright is a plantation house up in the rainforest dedicated to nature study. It has a giant verandah and hummingbirds fly right up to the flowering bushes around it. The trip up to Asa Wright through the rainforest is paradise in itself. I strongly recomend having someone drive you up there and call for you, so you can really enjoy your surroundings--also, it is hard hard driving, up mountain roads.

Blue Waters is another piece of paradise, simple and serene and totally nature -oriented. I am pretty sure they have laundry service. Blue Waters I imagine can help you get anything you need, like water. I don't remember thinking ihad to drink bottled water there.

email me if you want to, real address: [email protected]

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 06:12 PM
Vernon

As the author of the last few Fodors T&T chapters I can say that you have chosen well. Asa Wright is a true paradise ( but remember if you crave exciting nightlife you are in the wrong place). Blue Waters is excellent..but again as far away as you can get from anything resembling nightlife in Tobago ( which isnt much to begin with). And yes..they do offer beach towels. The other place in Trinidad that I would recommend ( and very similar to Blue Waters in Tobago) is Mt. Plaisir in Trinidad...isolates..homey..and one of th ebst places in the world to see leatherback turtles nesting in season.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Vernon

Sorry about the typos..using a non-mac keyboard is a bit tricky.