I am planning a week long trip with my wife, our 2 yr old daughter and my parents (4 adults + 1 kid) to a Caribbean island this April. Last year we went to Dominican Republic and really enjoyed it (did not stay at the AI resorts). The little research I have done so far seems to suggest that Trinidad and Tobago might be similarly enjoyable.
Can you please help with creating an itinerary:
1. Is April a good month to go - weather-wise?
2. I read some places that crime might be an issue but didn't see the islands mentioned on the US govt's travel advisory site? Should we be worried and / or reconsider?
3. Should we split our stay between the two islands - Trinidad and Tobago? If so, how many days each?
4. Recommendations for areas to stay and areas to stay-away-from on each island?
5. Recommendations for hotels/B&B/apartment rentals? I would like to spend no more than $300 per night for all of us and prefer A/C and a kitchen, if possible. (Is A/C even needed on the islands?)
6. Do we need a rental car (SUV?) on either or both islands? If so, any recommendations for sites/agencies?
7. Must see / Must do activities on both islands.
8. I am excited about the Indian influence on the island's cuisine and we love spicy foods. Any must-try dishes and restaurant recommendations would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 2 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 3 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 4 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 5 Hilton Aruba
- 6 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 7 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 8 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 9 Which Island to visit
- 10 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 11 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 12 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 13 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 14 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 15 Taking Items to Cuba
- 16 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 17 Bermuda Restaurants
- 18 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 19 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 20 Christmas vacation
- 21 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 22 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 23 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 24 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 25 NYE in Punta Cana