Trelawny Resort, Information Please???

Oct 25th, 2000, 08:22 AM
DC

Trelawny Resort, Information Please???

Has anyone recently visited the Trelawny Resort in Jamaica? I noticed they offer very reasonable all-inclusive trips through Apple Vacations for the October - November timeframe and wondered if it would be worth checking out.Would like to hear personal experiences from those who have recently visited Thanks and regards....

Oct 25th, 2000, 09:00 AM
Jen

Message: Yes, I was there mid February. Trelawny wasn't a luxurious hotel but it was okay. I guess it depends what you are used to or what you like. Are you
going there for Spring Break? Trelawny put me in mind of someplace I would have
stayed for a spring break during college. The beach is nice and the water
is pretty. I didn't spend too much time near the pool b/c they played
loud dance music the whole time. It was much quieter and more relaxing on the beach. The standard
rooms are very small. I tried to book a cottage but they were sold out. From
what I saw the cottages are basically typical size hotel rooms with 2 double
beds that were not in the main building. The standard rooms have 1 king bed or 2 twins. I was not very impressed with the service of the hotel. For instance, we were supposed to have an extra bed in our room and we reminded them of this at check-in. When we got into our room there was no extra bed. It took about 3 or 4 phones calls and until 10 at night to get the 3rd bed.
However when they finally brought the bed, they only brought the mattress - no sheets, blankets, or pillows. It took another phone call very late at night to get the bed made. The buffet was frequently out of silverware and glasses. The staff was pleasant
enough but not too on top of things - very very laid back.

The food was okay. It was not anything wonderful, but there are a lot of choices so you won't go hungry! with. I think one night they had
a BBQ and that was pretty good.
I think Apple vacations
rates Trelawny as
a 4 apple if that helps. I have stayed at a lot of 6 apple properties and you can tell the difference.

I did have a great time- the weather was fabulous, the island is lush and green, and it was so inexpensive for me
to go as Trelawny has great deals!
I hope this helps you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have more questions

Search this Thread