Reload this Page >

Treasure Island Res. & Car Rental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 1999, 06:07 AM
Adam

I am going to caymans in Feb. Has anyone been to treasure island resort recently? How is it? What about car rentals? what kind of car (jeep or what???) and what rental co.? <BR>Thank you very much. <BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 07:16 AM
Lori

Look at the traveltalk.com web site for Dec and Nov99 etc. There are a few postings about treasure island and also on car rental options. Much more info on that site.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 08:08 AM
Shelly

My husband and I stayed at Treasure Island Resort in Grand Cayman in August of 98. We were very pleased. Good value! I believe it is one of the cheaper places to stay--but it does not feel like that! Great pool, adequate rooms. Just about every night we were there, there was a band playing in the open air front lobby. Service was good. I also stayed there about 7 years ago and would go back again. Have a great trip!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 08:11 AM
shelly

Oops!! I forgot to answer one of your questions. A jeep would be more fun, but a car would be cheaper and adequate! Grand Cayman is very flat and there are no mountains, so a jeep would not be necessary.

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 08:27 PM
Patty

Dear Adam, We had two families, 3 rooms, at TI April 99. There is a reef right out front to snorkel on, saw loads of fish, eagle ray, hawksbill turtle, and eel. We had a car, an American one is easier to navigate on the "wrong" side the road. Also need the car to grocery shop as there is a small refrig in the rooms at TI. The restaurant, Hooks, was okay. We found others to be better. Make sure to take Captain Marvin's all day snorkel trip that visitsa Sting ray City. Email me with more ?? if you wish.