Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Travelling from Ti Kaye to Jalouise Hilton St. Lucia

Jan 25th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

I have heard about all the bad roads in St. Lucia, I wanted to split my time between Ti Kaye and the Hilton, how difficult is it to get to the Hilton? Can you take a water taxi? How long will it take?

thanks!
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:28 PM

Not sure how helpful this will be... I traveled the west coast road in December from Castries to Soufriere but did not actually go to the Hilton property. The road was not that bad, more pot holes on the east coast road back to the airport. I would guess maybe 45 min drive. Do you plan on driving yourself or getting a "taxi". Hubby and I both decided that driving on STL was not for either of us. BTW, have read numerous reviews that the road getting into TiKaye is an event in itself. Would seem to just add charm to the place IMO.
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the info, we would probably get a taxi, didn't know if a water or land taxi would be better??

thanks
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:04 AM

I travel the route by watertaxing for snorkeling one day; 20 minutes max is all it would take; and yes I would take water taxi in St Lucia over land taxi any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:42 PM

I agree with waywardseal, if there is a way to get a water taxi from point A to point B easily, I would do so as well. I posted simply because I had traveled that route by land. We stayed in Castries and had hired a taxi for the day to go to Soufriere and other sites. I would just rather be on the water than in a taxi, but we wanted to see the south island. Since you will be staying there, it is not an issue for you.
Jan 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM

Ti Kaye can probably arrange a water taxi transfer. Contact them and ask. Good review at www.scubatreks.com