Notices

Traveling with a toddler -Please help!

Apr 10th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Traveling with a toddler -Please help!

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are travelling with our 2 year old son to Puerto Rico in April for 9 days. We are spending about 5 days in San Juan and the remaining 3 days in Fajardo. We were planning to visit La Marquesa forest park and Villa Campestre in Guaynabo. I will appreciate if someone can respond to our questions below:

1) Is a cab easily available from Condando beach area (where we will be staying) to Guaynabo and is it affordable? If we decide to take a cab to go to different places, do we need to bring our own car seat?
2) If we prefer to rent a car, do you suggest renting a car seat as well or getting our own car seat from home. Please share your experience
3) Lastly, do you have any suggestions for " must see places/expriences" for toddlers?

Thank you very much.
Apr 10th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Do you mean you are staying in Condado as I don't think there is any town in Puerto Rico called Condando?

If Condado, it's about 30 miles from Condado to Guayanbo so I'm guessing a taxi will run you anywhere from $30 to $50 each way depending on time of day and traffic. Whether or not you think that is affordable is something you'll have to decide.

Cabs WILL NOT have car seats so if you want one, bring your own.

If you rent a car some rental companies will have car seats you can rent other will not or the seats you rent may not be in the best condition. To be on the safe side, you should probably bring your own. Besides, don't you want to have your child sitting in a a "safe" car seat while he/she is riding in an airplane traveling at 400+ mph?

Sorry, can't help with suggestions for "must see places/experiences for toddlers" as it's been over 45 years since we had children that young.
Apr 13th, 2017, 05:50 AM

Just a guess, but a 2 year old isn't going care about any attractions or "must sees".

I would just plan the stuff you think (YOU) can handle towing the little one along. Put a 2 year old next to water via a pool or beach and they will be happy.

Ditto on the car seats. If you want em...you bring em.

Search this Thread