Reload this Page >

Info on Atlantis gym, please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Kyla

Hi~ we will be visiting the Atlantis for the first time, and are interested in the types of exercise equipment in their fitness center. Are there enough machines, given the size of the resort? Thanks to all of you who can help us.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Gail

The machines always seem to be full. Of course the NBA was having a convention the last time we were there, so it was impossible to get on the machines. They have some pretty decent exercise classes.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Lori

I had no problem getting on the machines and we went during holiday time. They seemed to have all the machines you would find in a typical fitness center and they also had classes going on.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Catherine

I went in Feb. and the gym was usually about half full. I think there were about 10 treadmills and plenty of weight machines. There were two step aerobics classes, one around 9:00am and the other around 4:30pm. Not too many people noticed, but there was a nice size whirlpool out the side door, about the size of a standard circular above ground pool. Compared to other resorts, the gym was a good size.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Adrianna

We are just back from the Atlantis, and I was pretty disappointed in their fitness center. The place was packed when it opened in the morning, and there was a considerable lack of exercise machines given the size of the resort. In addition, a great many of the treadmills were broken! I was also informed that lockers were unavailable unless you were getting a "spa treatment" that day. I think that's an unusual rule for a resort the caliber-and price- of Atlantis. While the Atlantis has incredible architechture, landscaping, etc., I think it needs some work on its amenities to truly become a first-rate hotel.