Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Travel TIme From Bodden Town to 7 MILE BEACH?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family is staying at the Turtle Nest Inn, Bodden Town, in March 31st-April 7th April of 2007. I'm wondering how easy/difficult it is to drive to other recommended beaches for day trips and evening dinner. I've heard varying reports on traffic etc. Typically how long a drive is it to Seven Mile Beach and others in that direction.?

Thanks -- MJE
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Travel time will be about 30 minutes to 7mb on average. Try to avoid morning traffice and drive home traffic because a lot of people that work in Georgetown live on South End, Spotts, Bodden, East part of Island... driving to dinner in the evenings is perfectly fine but for any of the great restaurants in GT expect 20 - 30 minutes each way.....

Enjoy
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM

My experience has been that it's about 30 minutes to GT with another 5-10 minutes more to 7MB. And do be careful to heavy travel times - that can add up to 20-30 minutes more. I've been caught in stop and go travel several times - not fun while on holidayl
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM
anonxx

For dinner I would head further east, to the Lighthouse and Portofino's. Both excellent and not crowded.

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:24 AM

If you can, stay off the road during the morning and late afternoon commute time. Otherwise, you should not have a problem. Have fun! Linda (Massachusetts)
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 04:25 PM

I think the time estimates from Bodden Town to SMB are high. We drive from Old Man Bay to the airport (in non-rush hour times) in about 30-35 minutes, and we are several miles (about 10) from Bodden Town!
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM

I can tell you exactly the timings, as I drive at the speed limit (or very little over, we have lots of speed cops!) and drive the route twice daily.

From TNI to Grand Harbour roundabout will take you 11-12 minutes (except in rush hour..up to 8:30am) and from Grand Harbour to 7MB should take under 10 minutes... so 20 minutes total to 7MB, or about 15 minutes from the airport.

For The Reef in East End (where I work), we say 45 minutes to the airport on our website, but that is conservative, in reality it is under 40.

Frankly I think folk from 7MB and George Town make too much of driving time to the Eastern districts... The Reef is as far away as you can get, and only an easy 40 minute drive from the airport... compare that to landing in Mo' Bay and driving to Negril, Ocho Rios... or (god forbid) as far as Sandals Whitehouse
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to you all for your knowledgeable replies. V.V. helpful. Anything else you might advise in re; favorite/nicest/most picturesque southern, east end, northern beaches?
Again, thanks...MJE
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Georgetown, sting ray excursions, etc., can get really crowded when the cruise ships are docked - this site is helpful in letting you know exactly how maddening it might be.
http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm