Travel insurance - how much?

Jun 4th, 2000, 04:46 PM
Richard

Travel insurance - how much?

I am going 27Aug - 6Sep to the Caymans - worried about hurricanes - how much should travel insurance cost me?

And would it pay to CHNAGE travel plans should A hurricane form?

I have all my tickets and reservations for a hotel...

Jun 4th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Richard

2 more thing:

1. Wish I could spell and CHECK my spelling before I post.... and

2. Please respond via email as well...

TIA!

Jun 5th, 2000, 03:28 AM
Charlie

Depending upon the cost of your trip the insurance should be around $30 to $60 bucks per person.If you're asking if you should change your plans if you see a storm develop in the southern/western Caribbean I guess it would depend upon how close it is to your departure and the projected track of the storm,remember these storm tracks are only guesses so who that's why you bought the insurance.

Jun 5th, 2000, 04:24 PM
parrotfish

2 companies highly rated by Consumer Reports Travel Letter [Vol 14, No 9, Sept 1998] are CSA [www.travelsecure.com] and TravelGuard [www.travelguard.com]. Only buy enough insurance to cover those costs you cannot recoup - for example if you can cancel your hotel and get a full refund, there is no point in insuring it. If your plane tickets are not refundable, but can be used for another flight later, it may not be worth insuring. If you have a prepaid tour with charter airfare however, you should insure the entire amount paid, since prepaid packages usually have stiff cancellation fees.

Search this Thread