Notices

Travel Insurance

Jul 20th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Travel Insurance

I am traveling to Cuba in October with a non US Passport. Which travel insurance is recommended and do they accept American companies as long as they cover Cuba?
Jul 20th, 2015, 04:36 PM

What American company would cover you while you're in Cuba? I'm not sure any do. Not yet.
Jul 25th, 2015, 03:43 PM

so far as I know, as with credit cards, you need an insurance co thats parent company is not in the US, due to american laws re doing business with Cuba.

if you had to claim, the chances are that a US owned company would not be able to pay out.

There are a number that do cover Cuba - ours is UK based - but a google search should help you find one appropriate for your needs.
Aug 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM

The insurer I used said they would cover my trip. But they were limited by the current laws with the help they could give me while in Cuba. They would reimburse me for covered benefits once I returned and submitted my paperwork, but they did cover. You have to make payments upfront. With that in mind we do plan to take the medical insurance that is available for purchase at the Cuban airport, from what we understand it is around $50 as an extra layer of protection.

Search this Thread