Reload this Page >

Transportation to Jalouise Hilton

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Bob Taylor

We have 5 in our group going to the Hilton in December. Should we rent a car? What opitions are avail?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Edye

If you can afford it, use St. Lucia Helicopters service instead of driving. Go to www.stluciahelicopter.com for info. You'll be landing at the hotel's helipad while others are still looking for their taxis at the airport. Don't rent a car, driving is truly awful. If you don't do the helicopter, take a taxi van. They are available at either airport.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Bob Taylor

What might a taxi ride for 5 to Hilton be from North airport? Can you go by water taxi?

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 09:33 AM
DMN

So you are at the north end, and Jalousie is South. Wow, the ride from the south airport took an hour! The road from the north is much longer, and will be a hell of a trip! Opt for a water taxi, maybe Jalousie can arrange this! Opt for a helicopter! Or take public transportation! I agree do not rent a car!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Beth

Hi Bob,<BR>Since you are driving from the Vigie airport near Castries, then I would definitely opt out on driving the first day unless you arrive very early AND are used to driving twisting mountainous roads. I am used to driving this type of road and the road was actually fine but required 100% attention. It was very similar to driving in Olympic National Park in Washington state.<BR>For someone arriving at Hewanorra at say no later than 1 or 2 PM, it really might be advantageous to pick up the car at Budget at the airport. If you call the local Budget office on St. Lucia you can get better rate.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 09:12 AM
MariaL

stluciahelicopters.com offers great trips from one airport to the other and they stop at one of the hotels- not usre which one-- my be where you are staying