Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Transportation from Montego Bay airport to Cardiff hotel in Runaway Bay
Notices

Transportation from Montego Bay airport to Cardiff hotel in Runaway Bay

Feb 8th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Transportation from Montego Bay airport to Cardiff hotel in Runaway Bay

I am landing at Montego Bay airport mid-afternoon and need transportation to the Cardiff hotel in Runaway Bay. I called the hotel and they said they would have a driver contact me. I still want to look at other options. Would it be ok to take a taxi from the airport? If so, any ideas what that may cost?

Also, has anyone stayed at the Cardiff?

I'm a middle aged, solo female. If anyone has tips for tours, I'd like to hear them.

Thank you!
Feb 8th, 2015, 01:31 PM
WWK

I would NOT recommend taking a taxi from the airport. Some of the taxis we've taken over the years in Jamaica are uninsured. I also think a woman traveling alone shouldn't take a random cab. Odds are nothing will happen, but why chance it?

I would wait for a recommendation from a poster here online who's been to the area, or call your hotel again for the driver info.

We usually go to Negril, but years ago when we did visit Runaway Bay, I remember it was very close to The Falls in Ocho Rios. And not much else? Anyway, you should be able to arrange a tour through the hotel.

Good luck!
Feb 8th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

The Cardiff has recommended Tourwise Jamaica. Anyone have experience with them? Any recommendations?

Thank you WWK! I'll stay out of taxis.
Feb 11th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

ttt

Search this Thread