Reload this Page >

Transportation between Santo Domingo and La Romana

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 11:00 PM
Mike Morales

My family and I are going to be vacationing in La Romana. Might be forced to fly into Santo Domingo, can anybody tell me about the transportation between these two cities.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 04:29 AM
Parrot Mom

Unfortunately, almost a 2 hour ride.. There is an airport in La Romana.. Which resort are you going to? We went to Punta Cana this winter and were able to fly in directly..

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Mike Morales

Hello Parrotmom,<BR> We are going to staying at the Club Viva Dominicus Palace. We will trying to flying into La Romana driectly. But I'm an airline employee, and I we fly standby. So Santo Domingo is an alterative. Thanks for that information.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Parrot Mom

If you do have to take a taxi or bus make sure you have a supply of water...Taxi drivers have a very, very strong union and prices for cabs even a short distance are outrageous.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Mike M.

I was wondering if you solved your transportation problem as I will be having the same exact problem in july 2001. We are also flying standby into Santo Domingo. I saw where a bus line called La Covacha leaves from Parque Enriquillo to La Romana but am curious about the safety. Thanks

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 01:18 AM
Parrot Mom

Sorry Mike can't help you...If we go back in February 2002 will stay in Boca Chica which is much closer to S.D. You could look into flying to La Romana from S.D. I would think the buses would be safe...but you can check out the cabs outside the terminal..