Notices

Tortola, Tobago, St Croix or Belize?

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 05:18 AM
Marilyn

Tortola, Tobago, St Croix or Belize?

We are looking for a vacation destination that would allow 2 couples to explore beaches, hike in tropical rainforests and enjoy good restaurants. Am considering St. Croix, Tobago, Tortola. Have looked at Belize also. Any suggestions out there?
Thanks.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 03:22 PM
me

I love St. Croix, but the restaurants are average at best & the rainforest isn't really what you think of a rainforest.

I recommend Puerto Rico for what you're looking for if you haven't already been. El Yunque is a real rainforest. Food is wonderful.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 10:23 AM
cindy

I think of the 4 I would rate Belize #1, Tortola #2, St. Croix #3 and Tobago #4. I agree with the above postor about Puerto Rico. Alot of people think of Puerto Rico as El San Juan, but the other side of the island is magnificent! P.S. Forget St. Croix and Tobago!

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 05:08 AM
Brian

Cindy,

I'm curious--what do you find wrong with Tobago? In my opinion, for hiking and beaches, it's hard to beat.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:00 AM
lisa

Hi Marilyn,

Belize has fantastic jungles to explore but the beaches aren't great. We loved Tortola but don't remember rain forests?? When I think of rain forest I think more of ST. Kitts, Grenada, or Puerto Rico. Don't know about St. Croix or Tobago.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Pete

beautiful beaches and real rain forests....Costa Rica: plus volcanos, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, birdwatching (imagine seeing a flock of toucans) plus really nice people....

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Kent

I think you would love St. Croix. I think it has a lot to offer. The dining and shopping is very good, the beaches are beautiful and it is relatively unspoiled...unlike some other islands. Try http:/www.e-vacationrentals.com/stcroix.htm

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Dudley

It all depends what kind of experience you are looking for. I have spent about 4 weeks in Tobago in the past two years and I loved every day of it. It is less commercialized than most islands. It has beautiful beaches and unspoiled rainforest. If you're looking for a plcae to stay, I would recommend Plantation Beach Villas.

Old Jul 15th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cindy, you visited Belize in 2001:
I am interested in your opinion on Belize. I lived in Tortola for four years, currently cruising St.Maarten.
We are looking at visiting Belize, even wondering about investing.
Did you feel safe while visiting?
Is there anyone who has visited Belize lately that could give me an opinion?