Top Harbour Island Restaurants?

Mar 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Top Harbour Island Restaurants?

My husband and I will be staying on Harbour Island at Runaway Hill soon and would love to have a list of top restaurants and lunch spots!
Thanks
Mar 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM

Lura, this is a popular question so I've listed a couple of threads that have the restaurants listed.

http://tinyurl.com/yocl9y

and

http://tinyurl.com/274rk8

The Landing and Rock House were our favorites for nice dinners.

Blue Bar for Lunch
Sip Sip for drinks or lunch (never had dinner there) Seasonal so check to see if its open

Also enjoyed cocktails at Valentine's watching the fishing whalers coming in with their catch!

Must do's:

*Angela's Starfish for anything conch
*Tingham's Village for a burger

We, too, stayed at Runaway Hill and you will love that beach!!!
Mar 27th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Lura,
Lucky you. We stayed at Coral Sands on HI back in November '05 and loved the island. Got a tour of Runaway Hill as it was closed for refurbishment. Very friendly staff.

Hope that Fodors' great Harbour Island poster--Wantsomesun--will weigh in here for you. She knows much about the island and its people.

We, too, loved The Landing (the best) and Rock House (although our service was a bit quick). Dinner at Coral Sands was also good and lovely room. Service a bit slow.

Sip Sip was closed during our stay and we regrettably missed the two other local lunch spots. We did like the view, the food and the service at Coral Sands' beach restaurant.

Have a great time!
Mar 27th, 2007, 03:52 PM

check out pinknest's Harbour Island trip report. Great pictures (including food pictures) and a review of almost all the restaurants on the island.
http://tinyurl.com/2r3tdq

Scroll down to the post entered on the 5.16.2006. They spent one night on Nassau and also did a day trip on Eleuthra.
Mar 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for the info on the restaurants- my husband is quite a "foodie" and I always refer to Fodors for info from the pro's before we go anywhere in the Carib... One more question: Any particular excursion you loved that you would recommend (sailing, sunset cruise, etc)?

Thanks again!
May 14th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Lura,

I know this is a little while back but did you ever post a trip report on the restaurants and lunch spots? Did you take any excursions? I would love to hear what you recommend. I'll be in Harbour Island in June and have many of the same questions you had (and I'm a foodie like your husband).

Lynne
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM

Lynne,

If I can help with any questions you might have let me know.

Search this Thread