too many choices

Jan 9th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

too many choices

I won a $2000 travel voucher to use anywhere in the world. I can't decide where to go! I want to go to the carribean or mediterranean. I have been told that some of the islands are "dirty", can I get some suggestions on which are not and which are the nicest. Any help is appreciated! Thanks Niki
Jan 9th, 2004, 09:23 AM

Not trying to be flip, but so far we've narrowed it down to all islands in the Mediterranean and Caribbean which aren't 'dirty'.
Still leaves a pretty broad array of candidates.
Where else have you been?
What kinds of things do you consider important to make it a great trip?
Great shopping? Nice restaurants? Water sports? Local culture? Safety? Lush landscapes? World class beaches?
No one island has all these features, so you need to narrow down by your preferences.

Personally, unless you're dead set on a pure beach vacation, I'd recommend the Greek Islands and the Amalfi Coast area of Italy (Capri would fulfill your island criterion).

Everyone's taste with regard to Caribbean islands varies, and there's something for most every taste. Depends on what you like.

Have fun with your search. A wonderful dilemma to be faced with.
Jan 9th, 2004, 09:53 AM

What time of the year do you plan to travel, how many days do you have available, and how much of your own money are you willing to spend on top of the $2000?

Search this Thread