Reload this Page >

Dominican Republic Feb 2002

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Bill Costabile

My wife and I love to travel and next February 2002, we'd like to take our winter break (from Michigan) in the Dominican Republic. We like all-inclusive 7-day vacations. We've heard some nice things about it, but would appreciate any information from those who have been there. We like a mid-winter break and we like to go first class. Any information on the hotels and island would be great. Thanks.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Parrot Mom

We have been to theD.R. six times and will be booking a vacation in the D.R. this year. There is Punta Cana where we spent last year at the Catalonia Bavaro..the year before at La Romano at the Casa del Mar.. For more info go to.. <BR>/www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com for th best info on the D.R. and I'll be glad to answer questions.. Oh yes, we are going back to another area this winter..

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 07:31 AM
anon

I was in Dominican Feb. 2000. We flew American Airlines to La Romana and stayed at Casa de Campo. Its a beautiful 7000 acre all inclusive resort including golf and horseback riding. Be sure to get a golf cart for the week. You will need it, the place is huge. Be careful of the drinking water. We went with a large group and several people got very sick.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Danielle

Hey there! <BR>Every year, Santo Domingo has a festival which starts on the 27th of February. It's great. Lots of food and dancing. You'll have a great time if you're into that.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:34 PM
katiejay

A large group of us went to the D.R.in April 2001..Stayed at Gran Ventana and had a super time..Snorkeled off the beach,did off-site excursions too.Diving a 30-40 minute drive away in Sosua!! <BR>Great staff,food and no problems.Yes it is a third world country but if you can't deal with that stay on the resort! <BR>Then you would miss the beautiful countryside and friendly faces of all the locals waving at you as you go by. <BR>We are planning another group next April, but a couple of us can't wait so we'll be spending a week there in October!!See ya on the beach,amigos,

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 03:27 PM
Karin

Well, I've been there 3 times. Twice to Natura Park in Punta Cana, and once to Casa del Mar in La Romana. Natura Park, by far, had the best food and is prettier, but Casa del Mar has the best snorkling and entertainment. Both places were great. For the money, you can't beat it. I'm going to the Coral Hamaca in Boca Chica next month, and I'll post my review at www.debbiesdominican when I get back.