Tobago Express reliability?

Oct 10th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Christa

Tobago Express reliability?

Am visiting Tobago next month. On the return, we have to connect with an American Airlines flight around Noon. Tobago Express offers several morning flights but I've read elsewhere that flights often get cancelled or changed. Can't risk missing my connection. Am considering leaving Tobago a day early and overnight near Piarco airport. Can anyone give my feedback on their experiences with Tobago Express?

Oct 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Brian

Last March I went to Tobago and had to make the same connection in Trinidad. I originally booked the Trinidad-Tobago leg on BWIA. When leaving Tobago, I arrived at the airport a little early. There was a Tobago Express flight due to leave shortly thereafter, and I was asked if I wanted to take that flight instead of my original BWIA flight. I agreed, and everything went smoothly. I arrived at Piarco airport with plenty (too much) time to spare. Both airlines appear to work closely together, and if you miss a flight on one, they will put you on the other, assuming there is room. Between the two airlines there are many flights throughout the day, so if you plan to arrive at Piarco early enough, you shouldn't have any problems.

Oct 21st, 2002, 09:58 PM
christa

Brian: thanks for responding. I had seen a couple of very negative comments about T.E. on another website, thus my concern. BWIA has cut back to two flights now, in afternoon and evening, all others are Tobago Express. Will use an early morning flight and hope for the best.

Search this Thread