Reload this Page >

Petit St. Vincent Resort Grenadines?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 1997, 03:01 PM
Scott

Do you have any information or thoughts about Petit St. Vincent Resort in the Grenadines. We are planning a honeymoon next summer and would like to get any opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 2nd, 1998, 03:20 PM
Ramona Pearce

I've never been there, but it looked so serene and tranquil AND secluded. So did Young Island Resort. They both have web sites you can check out. Do a search on your search engine and see what you come up with. Also if you write to the St. Vincent tourism, they will mail you brochures on both.

Old Jan 2nd, 1998, 03:26 PM
michael

I have heard from people who know both that PSV is extraordinary and a better choice than Young Island. I also think it is more expensive.

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 11:30 AM
Denise

We visited PSV and Young Island Dec. 96. We loved PSV and will not return to Young. PSV is very laid back. Your privacy is assured and the service is exceptional. It is the perfect place for a honeymoon provided you want to be your own entertainment - it is very quiet. Dining is by candlelight either indoor or outdoors on the patio. The food was very good. Lobster on the menu almost every night. Recommend asking for a cottage on the beach. Don't worry about crowds you can lounge outside your cottage "au naturel" or sit in your private hammock for two and gaze at the stars. PSV is not super luxurious. The cottages are nicely decorated and a bit on the rustic side - but you lack for nothing. Make sure you have someone take you out to Petit St. Richardson (a sand spit with an umbrella for shade. You'll literally feel like you've washed up on a deserted beach. It is popular so go early am. If you need more info feel free to e-mail me. My husband and I prefer small, romantic properties and have been to many. In 35 days we're off to Anguilla. Good luck.

Old Jan 6th, 1998, 02:47 PM
Ramona

Denise, tell me why you wouldn't go
back to Young Island. I, too, love secluded destinations
and was considering Young Island as a honeymoon destination
until I discovered this beautiful cottage on the beach in
Tulum, Mexico instead for a fraction of the cost. Petit St.
Vincent also looked inviting, but I didn't know of anyone
who had gone there.

What other secluded places have you visited and what was
your favorite? I enjoy places that don't offer alot in the
way of nightlife. We enjoy quiet seclusion, with the
comforts and good food.

Thanks for your information.

Old Jan 17th, 1998, 02:15 PM
Lidna Wallace

Romantic Getaways- responding to Denise above - going for Honeymoon May 98 where else have you been? You can email if you want....Thanks!

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 01:46 PM
Maury

I went to PSV on my honeymoon in May. It is a lovely, lovely resort. The food and service are excellent. A couple of caveats: 1) it was somewhat hot and sticky in May and they don't have AC. Can't imagine what June or July would be like 2) you have to be your own entertainment...there's no TV, newspapers, radio, just beach, food and complete privacy. But they do have a "lending library" where you can borrow books and games. Nice place. Dogs are cute too.

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 07:03 AM
R

We were there about 3 years ago. It was very nice. Extremely laid back and secluded. Rooms not "lux" but very private. i wold opt for a room up on the hill viewing the beach rather than on the beach as they seem a bit more secluded. A bit of a hike to the beach but the exercise is good with all the good food you eat. Summer would be hot i suspect (we were there in april and without A/C it could be a bit warm at times. Also with windows open the mosquitoes were a bit of a problem at night. All in all it was really quite nice but it is a bit more rustic than your average luxurious resort. Quiet at night. Depends what you are looking for. (for a good review of the place i would suggest Ian Keown's Caribbean Hideaways travel guide.-detailed review) <BR>Have a great time.

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 12:59 PM
Louis

I agree that PSV is a better choice than Young Island. I would recommend PSV if total isolation is what you desire and you should ask for a location with maximum breeze and cross ventilation. You can have all of your meals delivered and you don't have to leave your room. When you want something all you have to do is fly your flag. However this is the time of the year when you need to have air movement and to be nude in bed to be comfortable. <BR> <BR>As an altenate suggestion, consider Guana Island in the BVI. It is easier to get to and it offers a little larger variety of activities. The trade winds make it a little cooler. This is another lovely private island. See, http://www.guana.com. <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 07:23 AM
wendy

Ramona...Tell me about the cottage on the beach in Tulum...it sounds great and my husband and I are thinking of travelling to the mexico area for our next trip...we like seclusion but also enjoy good food and shops...Thanks