Reload this Page >

Tipping at Sandals Resorts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Jim

Do you tip staff at Sansals Resorts even though it is an all-inclusive resort?<BR>Thanks

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 01:21 PM
JJ

No tipping in Sandals. We stayed there three years ago. We stayed in a suite with a full bar. The guy was so nice, we offered him a beer to go. He said he couldn't take it because tipping was a big no no and he would be fired. I just came back from the Ritz in San Juan. They are the exact opposite

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Penney

We have been to many Sandals and they ar not supposed o take a tip but people have tipped, especially the bartenders but very privately. <BR><BR>Some people like to bring small gift items instead which is a nice idea.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:39 AM
tips

The only people you need to tip are the people who handle your baggage at the airport and the driver who handles your transfer to the hotel. Sandals employees are not allowed to take tips, which is a huge plus in my book. Remember though, the people that work in many of these resorts are dirt poor. I usually discreetly stick some money in an envelope for my maid before I check out.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Kim

We also leave tips for the maids and some of the waiters, and bartenders.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 04:03 AM
jamaicajim

We have stayed at Sandals 7 times and ALWAYS tip the bartenders, maids and waiters. Just do it discretely. Fold a few $1's or a $5 up small and then shake hands with him/her. We usually cathc the maid on the first few days and give here a $15 or $20 for the entire week. The maids make an average of $30-50 a week so a tip we would consider nominal here in the states is a huge thing for them. <BR><BR>It IS against the rules for them to accept a tip so make sure you do it carefully. It is very much appreciated and the bartenders will make sure you get yours first if there are several waiting. A few dollars every other day or so is sufficient.<BR><BR>IRIE MON!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Mary

Personnally, we tip for a job well DONE, even at all-inclusives (discreetly) but we do it at the end of our trip. We've been burned in past where we've tipped at the beginning of our trip and got #%!*&? service the rest of the week. Once you give it, you can't take it back.