Ti Kaye and Anse Chastenet in one trip?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to plan a 10 day trip to St. Lucia this summer. I became interested in both Anse Chastenet and Ti Kaye, as I plan to scuba dive. Originally I was trying to decide between them and eventually leaned towards Ti Kaye from the stand point of them having a pool, air conditioning, and lower price. Last May in the Virgin Islands I found the ac to be a life saver never having been to such a warm climate before that.

However, I'm thinking now about splitting my time up between the two places so I can scuba off the beach at Anse Chastenet as well. (I figured I could put up with no air conditioning for awhile!). Is it crazy to pick up and move resorts after 5 days? I wondered if the cost of transport and hassle would be prohibitive. Also, has anyone stayed in St. Lucia in July - can you stand it w/ out AC?
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Not crazy, imo. Easy to take a taxi between the two resorts as they're not that far apart but I'd suggest hiring a car for at least a day or two.
Hiring a car would give you transport between the resorts and the ease of leaving the resorts to try local restaurants.
You could also visit the waterfall and hot baths near Soufriere.

I've been to both resorts as a lunch guest only and enjoyed snorkeling at both. Ti Kaye pool is very nice and has great padded lounge chairs while at AC the chairs are less luxurious.
Lunch menu at AC was more expensive than Ti Kaye but the food was very good at both places.

I think Anse Chastanet gets some breeze as the 'rooms' are on the hillside. I presume they have fans but if you don't like heat/humidity it might not suit you. How about splitting your stay 7:3 nights so you get a taste of both places but don't have to 'suffer' too long without ac?
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM

I'm a big believer of splitting hotel stays on St. Lucia. It allows you to experience different parts of the island without the exhausting travel back and forth. My only critique of your plan is that Ti Kaye and Anse Chastenet are similar in style and in the same general location (although Ti Kaye is not near the Pitons). I would maybe suggest trying a hotel further north to give you more variety. I went to St. Lucia in July and AC was a blessing. The only way I survived without it (at Ladera) was by using the plunge pool alot.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM

I think splitting your stay is smart...however I would carefully read the reviews on Trip Advisor of Ti Kaye and also take a look at the many one time posts raving about the hotel and indicating those that had complaints were frankly "wrong". That is a big tip off that they have been recruited to write those reviews. I wrote a very long not complimentary review and in fact had communication with the owner in Jan. 2011. Many of the major problems I wrote about he agreed with me and said he was working on them...it seems from recent reports that nothing has changed. It is not what it seems so make sure you want to stay here...with all the party boats docking there I find it hard to believe that the snorkeling is great...but I don't snorkel. I would agree with Jecrow stay at Ladera but then find something more north to experience both ends of the island.