Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   this older couple loved antigua sandals (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/this-older-couple-loved-antigua-sandals-248903/)

toppy Aug 12th, 2002 02:35 PM

this older couple loved antigua sandals

I guess we were deleted...Don't know why. Our intention is merely to report that as an older couple (late 50's and late 60's) we loved it. Loved the food and games and had a great time. No controversy,perhaps not the best buy, not for everyone, but we would definitely go back

anon Aug 12th, 2002 02:44 PM

to OH NO: <BR>you had been responding to this post earlier today. Did you say something to get it deleted? If so I cannot imagine what. They were merely trying to give some information, not convince the world that Sandals is the greatest invention of all times. Sometimes this site is so full of bickering, the average traveler can't get the basic facts.<BR>As for the site deleting things, some posts are so old, they need to be cleaned out in my opinion.

Oh Aug 12th, 2002 06:40 PM

Actually believe it or not I was apoligizing to toppy on my last post and when I hit post my reply nothing showed up, did it again and same result. Another thread, "We love Sandals" disappeared too. I guess the bashing needed to end anyways for the barrage of bickering was getting tiresome. Lets hope the next "round" of Sandals fans pro and Sandals fans con be a little more mature and factual. Persoally I've been to Sandals 4 times, they were sometimes fun, sometimes boring and found that there are better deals for the money in the Caribbean. NOT bashing Sandals, just think you can find a better "value".

toppy Aug 13th, 2002 03:21 AM

Hi, OH No.<BR>I am glad we reconnected. I also read the "we love sandals" thread and wondered why people do not just state their facts and let others form their own opinions. There was someone called "soontobe" and the poor person was seeking information but instead received a whole thread of nasty statements. I hope he could find what he needed.<BR>We spent quite a lot of time looking for a place for this trip. Would love to hear suggestions you might have for a better value. I do love all inclusives though, because we tend to be a bit more frugal when ordering drinks and food all day long when we are paying as we go, even if we figured out the per day cost and stuck to it. When we have paid for AI, we seem to live it up more!! Crazy but true (of us). <BR>What I detest about Fodors is that when someone disagrees with another's opinion, they critize the person and try to make judgements on their taste, character, and education it seems. If they have made a grammatical error or spelling error, watch out! I am new to Fodors since May when planning this trip and I find it sometimes tacky for that reason.

Oh Aug 13th, 2002 06:11 AM

Well toppy it so happens I'm off to another destination (not the Carib), and being that I am a FFF (Fodors Fanatical Fan) when I get back I will be glad to post some great alternatives! P.S. Dont wurry bout mispeling wurds becuse the INTELLIGENT peeple will know whut yur taakin abuot and won't make fun of you. Now you watch, I was trying to be a little humorous, but I'll pay for this. maybe. hope not. It's all about respect and understanding, these posts can be fun and don't need to be a place to NASTY. But, alas you'll always have that one person who HAS to respond with DISrespect. Anyways, good typin to ya!

toppy Aug 13th, 2002 07:32 AM

Thanks OHno. Your opinions are right on and I agree. Unfortunately there seem to be these nasty folks on every thread. I personally do not care who loves or hates Sandals. If I have decided to go there,or anywhere, I like to hear about restaurant info, room recommendations, and perhaps what to bring or what to wear, from someone who has been there. Anyone must, or should realize that not everyone will like a particular place. (We, as an older couple, had a blast acting silly with the younger folks and actually enjoyed winning the Caribbean dance contest as well as losing the kyack races!! Would we always want a vacation like this? No, but variety is the key to a happy life! (Don't beat me up people; this is merely an opinion!!!)<BR>Have a great trip and let me know about any great spots, not just in the Carib. We are always looking for good deals, warm beaches, and sunny weather.Love yer spellin.<BR>Thanks to all.

sandy Aug 13th, 2002 09:57 AM

I LOVE SANDALS

What a dope Aug 13th, 2002 10:06 AM

I am glad to see you put a whole lot of thought into that Sandy. Sandals and all of its tackiness deserves you.

see Aug 13th, 2002 10:23 AM

Well now, here it is, started already.<BR>And how perfect that "What a dope" has dumbass.com as his domain name.

Oh Aug 13th, 2002 10:27 AM

Here comes the nasty people! Its quite simple on how to deal with these posts laugh or ignore the ones that are useless and if one comes along that is beneficial to ya, bingo. Frankly I get a "kick" outa ignorant posts. But like I said I'm an FFF!

toppy Aug 13th, 2002 10:35 AM

yes OHno....It is exactly as you predicted!!! And yet I find myself drawn to see what other ignorant comments people might make. "Can't we all just get along?" !!! (Or was that quote before their time?)Your comments are in concert with mine...take the real information, and ignore the junk. Too bad there is so much junk to weed through to find the facts!!!

jim Aug 13th, 2002 02:10 PM

We also love Sandals Resorts we are 7 time returnees.

Gary Aug 13th, 2002 02:12 PM

My wife and I are in our late 50's and have been guests of Sandals resorts many times all of which we loved. So add us to the list of "Sandals Lovers".

Ren Aug 13th, 2002 03:32 PM

toppy,<BR><BR>I'm sorry I don't have anything to share on Sandals but I just wanted to let you know how refreshing it is to see nice people on this board!! Kudos.

toppy Aug 13th, 2002 04:39 PM

Thanks Ren. Same to you. I just can't understand why people can't just say something like, "I don't agree. We were at __________ last year and had an awful time. We prefer____." They can explain why, what happened etc. Instead, some people feel the need to resort to name calling, and even try to degrade the character of the writer. I even read one post where the person was insulted due to the early early hour the post was made, implying something about their job status and relating it to the type of vacation they chose!!! Honestly, I wish more people would try to remember the reason this site was created.<BR>Thanks Ren, for taking the time to write a positive comment. I appreciate it!!!<BR>Toppy

Ren Aug 14th, 2002 05:36 PM

Right back at ya Tops!