Reload this Page >

The Reefs vs Elbow Beach vs Stonington

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 1999, 12:02 PM
dina

I am planning on an early May trip to Bermuda and need an opinion on which hotel to stay in. I don't want anything too obtrusive/massive but a beautiful beach and accomodations are a must (and less expensive would be nice too). Any opinion on what to choose between these three hotels?

Old Jan 28th, 1999, 02:10 PM
David

I stayed the Elbow Beach resort before it was renovated this past year. Even before it was renovated, it was very nice- just a little old. The beach there is the best beach on the island. Matter of fact the Stonington shares the beach and is right next door to the Elbow Beach Resort. I've read that right now the Stonington is going through some unfavorable changes. It was also more expensive when I looked into where to stay for our trip. One other major plus for Elbow Beach is its location- its centrally located and is relatively close to downtown Hamilton. This not only saves on the taxi fare and on the time it takes you to get downtown on the bus, but its also located on many major/ busy bus routes. I don't know much about the Reefs other than its beach doesn't compare to Elbow Beach. If you want modern and very nice accommodations, you may want to look into the South Hampton Princess. While the beach is not the best (and you have to take a hotel bus to it) its the best resort on the island. Its located near the second best beach- Horseshoe Beach, and near the best snorkeling spot on the island- Church Bay. There are also many very good restaurants in the hotel and nearby.

Old Jan 29th, 1999, 04:54 AM
Gabi

Reefs is a small hotel and has a very nice beach, but the accomodations are old and need renovating. If the accomodations are an important issue for you, go somewhere else. <BR> <BR>Stonington seemed nice. I did not see Elbow Beach on my trip.