Notices

The New Montrose Hotel

May 7th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

The New Montrose Hotel

I'll be spending 2 nights at the New Montrose Hotel. Does anyone have a review or information about it?

Thanks,
Houtravelchick
May 8th, 2006, 03:06 AM

you've posted this question to a lot of boards without any luck. I've driven past New Montrose and would not have considered it as a place to stay for a vacation, especialy when there are so many excellent places on white sand beaches in Bequia.

One suggestion, however, is that you try to get the attention of a poster called Seth who runs Barefoot Yachet Charters in St. Vincent and seems to have a good idea of all the St. Vincent hotels and gueshouss. You'll find Seth on the Souther Caribbean Board at www.traveltalkonline.com.

If you don't like New Montrose, please don't hesidate to cut your loses asap and take the ferry to Bequia where you will find lots of options. And, as I've posted elsewhere to you, Bequia is a much better place for a single woman than the Mainland.
May 8th, 2006, 04:27 AM

New Montrose is a fairly new place but really not near the beach. It is not a place I would consider staying for vacation as curiousx posted. Would consider something on the water like the Mariner or at least something closer to the beach such as Grandview or Villa Lodge. Where I stay Tranquility is very plain and basic, directly on the beach with no other amenities except it is neat,clean and I adore Ceford and Lucille the proprietors.
In the way of vacation Bequia truly does have more to offer.

Search this Thread